1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Coming soon: 82' XJ750 Maxim project

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Xplicit_XJ, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

I don't even have a local Yamaha dealer. The closest one is an hour away in Joilet, IL.

I did visit one in Lowel, IN once. The older salesman was nice and showed me his older bikes he had in the service area. That place MIGHT be able/willing but no idea about price...

2. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

He is lucky to have a yamaha dealer to go to that really cares and is willing to work on older bikes. Most of the dealers i have delt with for parts don't give a darn about you and will not work on anything older then a 95.

Project is turning out well good luck with it.

3. Xplicit_XJ

Xplicit_XJ Member

Thanks for the well wishes. I have probably hit a stall point in work on the bike seeing as how military pay is slashed.

4. rikinwyoming

rikinwyoming New Member

any updates on this??

5. LVSteve2011

LVSteve2011 Member

I to am having to endure the slow passage of time before I can start rehabbing; first I am moving, in the process of packing(UUUUGH); I'm pushing 55 and this #%@&#@ ain't easy. Every time I take a packed box to the garage, I waste valuable time just staring at my Maxim, dreaming of the day I can finally take her for a spin. I guess I am one of the "purist's", in other words I want my Max to be just the way Yamaha sold it. I am glad we live in a country where it's ok to butcher a fine old bike to suit that owners taste, maybe it's my aged thinking, there's just a certain number of these frames still around. If the trend continues, in 10 or 20 years there won't be any frame that haven't been ravaged by these mod squads. On the other hand there aren't that many occasions to need to replace a frame. Well, it's back to packin'

6. redsix

redsix Member

My 550 came with the same seat you started with. Squishy, but way too much. I got that bad boy shaved down and it's so sleek now. Much better-looking.