1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

downloadible repair manual

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by rudedogxj550, Sep 7, 2010.

1. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

There is a site with all types of owners and repair manuals on pdf online,
    from tractors to hair dryers. Do they have permission to post these for download? My thinking is if you purchase the machine you have the right to the intellectual property in order to operated it safely, and therefore maintain it.

2. parts

parts Member

It's still legal in arizona to "Shoot on site" any indian seen in a carrage.

It's also still on the books to be given a rifle,horse and $25.00 upon leaving
    prison.

If the law was all that grand and always correct-just try either of the above two examples and see how far law inforcment will respect written
    law.

My point is, some laws are seen as worth enforcing while others (such as the shooting an indian) will land you in jail.

To pick a fight over a 25 year old shop manual is silly.

3. Vedalkin

Vedalkin Member

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself...

4. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

I don't have the authority to remove the Archived Posts concerning the XJ-CD.

That is reserved for the Site Owner.

5. gitbox

gitbox Member

Interesting thread. Why hasn't the site admin weighed in on this?

6. Brockzila

Brockzila New Member

they are

rick is a moderator

he or some one has removed a couple of my posts in this thread. as i gave a link to a site with 100s of bike manuals on it. (but very little xj)
    so i will not post it in a thread again. I do have PM though.

I have tried to get a availability for a manual from Yamaha New Zealand.

they said they are not able to get manuals that old and if they did it would be worth 300-400 dollars.

so what other choice do i have?? i dont like haynes book of lies, and even they are 100 bucks here.

so i am left with trying to find a second hand one.(not very likely here in NZ.)
    Buying one off the net that will probably be a PDF like another member. and have no guarantee that the seller has the right to reproduce them any way. so will end up with a pirate copy.

not left with much choice am I

I will find one

Yes i will find one.

7. Robert

Robert Active Member

Whoa partner! Haynes has it's flaw or two but lies? I use my Haynes almost exclusively and have enjoyed a sound machine as a result for years. Are we talking about the same book?
    What info do you need? I just saw a 750 RH manual go out the door on flea-bay for under $20! I knew I should have grabbed that thing...
    Have you checked with Chacal for a book? He's got them, I'm pretty sure shipping to NZ can't be more than $30 for a book. I scored my 750 RH book off fleabay for about $35 and I've seen the new books offered at $75 (pretty reasonable to me). Would you like me to see what shipping would be from here (state side) to there?

8. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Brockzila:

You are missing the Point.

We let you come-in to our world with the expectation that you will abide by the simple Terms of Service Members are required to observe after agreeing to them and joining the community.

That means ... Not violating the law.
    Not using the site as a means of promoting unlawful behavior.

I don't care how many Copyright Protected Manuals, Books, Articles and Professional Journals you have links for, to share with others to be downloaded.

Providing the information and encouraging the Members of THIS Site to use them is Unlawful Behavior.

The Site needs to show that the practice is not tolerated; otherwise the Site becomes Tacitly Complicit.

Posts by a Moderator directing offenders to please stop it will demonstrate that we've shown a diligence, asking those who come here and be the cause of these disruptions, to knock it off or take a hike.

9. gitbox

gitbox Member

I'm pretty sure SnoSheriff if the site admin. He makes the final decisions as to what's on this site.

I would like to hear his input on this.