1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Experiment.....

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Mechanic1978, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Mechanic1978

Mechanic1978 Active Member

Hey all, I've had 2 3D printers for about 4 years now I have them dialed in and know all the setting that may need to be changed etc..., they are small "home" type printers, but have exellent results with multiple kinds of prints used from clip on door hangers, to automotive clips to threaded garden hose fittings. even printed a replica Harley Engine, and an American Eagle bust..

I plan to CAD up a side panel replica of the xj550.

They will obviously need a sanding and paint afterwards, but it should be a fun project. I have an almost endless amount of projects laying around, and I usually work on what $ and project im feeling at that moment. So it may be a few weeks, to maybe even a month or two. but I will complete it, and share the results. if all goes well, I may even offer selling some.
    But anyone that has used a CAD program knows its not an easy thing. so bare with me and stay tuned

The small v8 engine block took about 3.5 hrs to print, the eagle took 22.8 hrs, and the HD replica took aprox 6 hrs. the worst part of 3d printing, is the CAD mock up, and the time to print. V8.jpg V8.jpg Eagle.jpg

check out my other designs and prints at:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=printmechanic&type=things&sort=relevant

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    k-moe, TheCrazyGnat and Franz like this.