1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Fairing XJ 750 41Y

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Eto, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Eto

Eto New Member

Hi everyone. I'm Stefano from Italy. My first post here. I hope it's the right section
    XJ 750 41Y it's in my garage, from 1 week.

I do not have the instruction booklet, nor the workshop manual. I found only the 900 one, they say it is very similar. This statement is correct?
    Ok, now I'd like to remove the fairing. The two screws on the steering wheel (plus two on the other side) red circle in the picture, are those that unlock the front fairing? I have already removed the one on the side clearly visible, but with these I would not want to make mistakes and do damage. fissaggio cupolino XJ750.jpg
    Thanks for your help

2. tradmedic

tradmedic Member

I'm not familiar with either the 750's or the 900's. Do you have a photo that shows the same area, but not zoomed in as tight?

Welcome to the community.

3. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Welcome. The two bolts on my machine where your bolts are hold the fairing support bracket to the frame. There is one on the other side too assuming it is the same setup as my XJ 900f. If you have the rectangular headlight in the fairing there are two bolts that hold the fairing to the support bracket too. Just check that your bike is the same.

4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Should be identical as they share the same frame.