1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Forks fixed

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by PSteele, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. PSteele

    PSteele Member

    Messages:
    344
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Just wanted to comment about the fixing the forks on my Maxim today - it was a LOT easier than I thought it would be. The hardest part was getting over the fear of the unknown. Thanks and kudos to the XJ forums as I followed the thread that Robert (XJ Moderator) posted and the instructions were far more complete than any of the service manuals - thanks very much!! Brake pads and a rear tire and I'm ridin'!
     
  2. BlueMaxim

    BlueMaxim Active Member

    Messages:
    1,986
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Central Mississippi
    We have nothing to fear, but fear itself! Fear is always a hurdle even for old biker salts like me. I was so scared of diving into my XJ that it sat in my garage for 4 years. I was helping a friend build a race truck when he ran out of money to finish. Since I knew I wouldn't be racing that season I thought to my self, how is it you can build this race truck but your own bike sits rusting in your garage? Huh, Schmuck? Somewhere along the line marriage and two kids took my courage. I had to play everything safe. I wasn't like that before!
    Congratulations on getting the forks done and here's to less fear in the future!
     
  3. RickCoMatic

    RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,842
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Massachusetts, Billerica
    It feels good getting a job like that done by yourself ... don't it?
     
  4. PSteele

    PSteele Member

    Messages:
    344
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Yessir, and I should thank each of the XJ members that tossed in their $0.02 worth of encouragement. Thanks guys!! Now it's time to finish the rest.
     
  5. RickCoMatic

    RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,842
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Massachusetts, Billerica
    Excellent!
     

Share This Page