1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Friday the 13 th is soon near!!

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by lostboy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

It’s almost that time again. Friday the 13 th at Port Dover is this February. Who is going? Get your snow suit on!!!!! I'm going to pass this month but will go in March if the bike is back together and if weather is good.

2. Altus

Altus Active Member

I'm going to be passing on all three I suspect this year :-(
    Not likely to have the bike back together even by March (even if the weather's nice). And certainly not thinking November will be better...

3. Galamb

Galamb Member

I will go to the March one. If the weather will be fine.

4. zimmet

zimmet New Member

Me and leadboots will be there in march for sure.....

5. Stamplicker

Stamplicker Member

Aiming for this Friday.. and March.. just hoping the snow's gone from the laneway by then =)

6. Galamb

Galamb Member

Well, it was a nice and sunny day. A little on the cool side. But Friday the 13th went by and I saw so may bikes on the road, that it would make you think that spring was here. Must have been a lot of bikers at Port Dover even if it is still winter. March the 13th is my day. By then the bike will be ready to ride.

7. lostboy

Stamplicker do you go to Dover? If so please post a report of the day. When I woke up friday there was snow on the ground.

8. Stamplicker

Stamplicker Member

Woke up Friday morning and there was a dusting of snow on the ground. Weather kept promising Sunshine in the afternoon. So now it's me and Mother nature battling it out. About 11ish the roads start parting way like the red sea and everythings drying up.

By 1pm roads are dry, It's Dover time!!!!!

Ride there, sun was just beaming down making the ride Too Freak'n Enjoyable!! Took some other backroads down this time to make it intersting and avoidng the Winter cagers. Riding in, passed 2 or 3 other riders. Hope's of more then 100+ bikes @ PD were diminshing.

Started rolling into Dover and saw a lot of cagers, but, just as you got around that last turn going in... you could hear that sweet sweet distant rumble. Ohh Yessss there was more the 100 riders there... Took about 5 minutes to get into the heart of it. Not a huge turn out, but there was about 1000 riders in there. Timmies' was a bit bare, but not overly. maybe 40-60 riders parked in that area. Main strip going in was lined with bikes and there was still some riders coming in and some going. This was around 3:30ish. Temps in the shade sucked, but Sun beating on your leathers was nice. On The Fringe was hopp'n, Took about 15 minutes to get in and get my Feb. 13th 2009 patch. Saw the March one there already, but will grab that one next month =). Next months turn out should be Great. Compared to last june's turnout it was dissappointing, but then again, tak'n weather into account, very understandable. Even saw a couple Vespas rid'n around! Walk'd around for a bit, and checked some of the rides out. Geared up and Head'd Home.

Hope'n for some good weather between now and March's ride to get the bike Cleaned and detailed =). See you out there if you can make it =)

9. lostboy

Thanks for the report. Us members like to meet at Timmies' at noon. I will try for March. More info to come as the day draws near.