1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hasersys, The Rust Build. Bobber

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Hasersys, Jun 22, 2010.

1. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

it has a single small bolt coming out of the bottom to mount it. send me a pic of the front of your bike, so I can see how you could mount it.

2. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

I know the kind, I had one on my rd250. I would have to make a mount. Right now I think it may be the easy way out. I have seen the othere lights with the mounts that mount to the sides of it and am wondering is a mount like the one in this ebay link would fit on our forks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIUMPH- ... ccessories

If I have to I might go with the type of light you are talking about. I am trying to see what my options are.

3. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Oh, and the front is stock so far, nothing to mount to.

4. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

I was able to mount it to my stock front end. There is a little spot for it to mount to dead center. I forget what was there before though.

Let me know if you need anymore info or pics and if you're interested.

5. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

I am interested in pics of where. I would love to get an idea of what I am going to be doing.

6. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

can you send me or post up a close up pic of your front end under where the stock headlight goes?

7. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Yea I will. I am wanting to mount it to the bottum trple tree, but I was just looking at it and I have no hole to mount through it. I only have two bolt holes where I can fab a peace to mount an l bracket onto it. it would mount where the brake line gose... like where the unioin is the l thing.. Do not know the name. Idk, I think I just need to brake the bank and get a light.. then fab what i need lol.

8. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

I have a bolt hole on the lower triple. I have a 750 SECA though... guess it's different. A piece to tie into those two holes you have won't be hard at all though.

9. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

[​IMG]

Got my rear wheel done also, just waiting on parts now.

This is going to be a very bear bobber. I am trying to cut down as much as possible. No speedo, no tach, Hopfully I am going to get a moble gps with a mount. That way I will have a way to keep track of my mph.

10. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

look's good so far.

11. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

Is it going to be a very BARE bobber or do you mean you're going to dress up in a bear suit every time you ride it?

12. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Idk, thats a good question.... I think I would get ore looks if I were in bear drag... For now I am stuck on my vintage road bicycle....

13. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

If I get a new throttle what do I need to get. Will most 7/8 throttles work with our bikes? I am wanting to get some thing new, but I am afraid the throttle cable will not work on an aftermarket throttle. Anyone know.

14. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

I have had this pics a While just haven't posted them. I am probably going to make some drag bars for this thing, I think they will look better.

The head light mount is on upside down in this pic. Flipt over it sets center.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Got just about everything done. I just need to do the exhuast, and carbs. I need to know how the vacum lines are ran. The last owner had them routed wrong. Well I think so. There was a cap on each plug eccept for one witch was ran to petcock. Anyone with a 650 know how they are ran? Do I need 4 house into 1 to the petcock?

16. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

Just one. Usually #3 goes to the petcock. The others are there for your vaccum synching pleasure and are normally capped.

17. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Ahh thanks alot. Saves me from getting hoses. posting new pics tonight.. hopefully.

18. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

I need to make exhuast, and finish up carbs. Figure out what pods and where to get them. Then the pain of trying to tune them. Saved the best for last...... :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Can anyone tell me if the gaskets for the carb bowls are only supposed to have to holes ponched out for the cold start curicuit or if the entire area needs to be punched out? I have been running the bike with just two holes punched, and even after the last time I cleaned the carbs the bike was tough to start cold. This Time around I am trying to Make sure when it gose back together it is all right. I am having a hard time getting the passage cleared.

20. CaptainTrap

CaptainTrap Member

you need to post larger pics. even on my 24 inch lcd its hard to see what is really going on. from what i can see it looks original and interesting.