1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hasersys, The Rust Build. Bobber

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Hasersys, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

If you do Find 700bobbers build His would probably work better than my setup.

I Had to custom make velocity stacks. He rivets his onto his pods.

2. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

3. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Just an update.

I dropped it today.

Every thing is good. Need a new tire and I was supposed to order it yesterday but got lazy.

So like I said, I dropped the bike today... The ammo cans prevent it from hitting the ground... The ammo cans are the only part of the bike that actually tuch the ground.. I had been cleaning it and thought I could hold it up with one hand on a slope. Normaly this isn't an issue, but yesterday I worked out which is normal, but ontop of that I had also mowed the lawn. So I was a little weak today. While waxing with one hand and holding in the other it fell.. Thanks to the ammo cans I didn't even get a scratch.

Some newer pics.. Not much has changed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

New tire time, and clutch cable change.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

DONE!

5. LVSteve2011

LVSteve2011 Member

I'm curious dude, don't you feel the least bit unsafe without a front brake? Your braking distances must be real SH**TY! I know you think it looks cool, but do you really care more about looks than safety?

6. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Nope I don't, I ride completly different on this bike than I do on my other bike. I have been riding on this bike as it is now for about 3 years. The only issue I have is when I am riding my other bike.... I have to remind myself I have a front brake... I some times forget I have a front brake. I do not do it for looks, I honestly don't give a shit about what I or my bike looks like. I need a new stud bushing on my starter. when I ride this bike, which I do about 3 times a week I have to push start it. I keep it usable. There are a million things unsafe, and wrong about this thing.

When I took the brake apart to rebuild it I came accrosst some money issues.

I will not sit here and tell you the entire story unless you feel it is that important.

Would you like to donate?

7. LVSteve2011

LVSteve2011 Member

Sorry, I thought it was about looks Remember this bit of wisdom, with just a rear brake, not only do you need to brake sooner, and that's just for the stops you are planning to make, what about the one you are not planning for? it calls for a different way to ride alright, slowly! what kind of fun is that? I firmly believe in front brakes as you do I'm sure, They have saved my ass more times than I want to remember.