1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Headlight `81 750 Seca

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by skurtaan, Nov 13, 2019.

1. skurtaan

skurtaan New Member

Hi guys!
    I am currently building my first Cafe Racer, and it`s from the 750 Seca.

I have a couple of questions regarding the connecting of a new headlight.

So, I had the seca with the fairing (wide body and big windscreen), and it had a built in headlight.
    I cut the connector that plugs directly into the fairing (picture below), and now my big question is...

Do any of u guys know what cable is what here? Which ones I need to connect together for my new headlight to work? I`ve read some threads,and wiring diagrams, but I just cant figure out what cable goes to where.
    Any of u guys who can tell me which one of these I need?
    IMG_0242.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg IMG_0242.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg IMG_0242.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg

Cheers
    Kurt

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

3. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have never had the fairing, but I suspect that harness would go back into the headlight bucket assembly and connect to the original connectors. It would seem since you are converting you would want to just get rid of that harness and modify the original to your liking. Here is a link for converting to a round headlight and bypassing the system monitor. If nothing else you can use this diagram and a meter to determine which wire is which on the fairing harness based on the wiring diagram below.

https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/thre...he-rectangular-instruments.21580/#post-182816