1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Help a 15 year old building a bike.. Wiring harness fitment?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by tyler93, Sep 30, 2008.

1. tyler93

tyler93 Member

yeah so should i at least give this harness a try if worst comes to worse ill buy the right harness.Iam from methuen mass. for the person who asked

The whole reason iam even building this motorcycle is because someone important gave it to me and i said ill get it done.Hopefully i can find a different harness or ill just be on here talking to people to help me out with this harness. i have a picture of the harness i bought take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

2. tyler93

tyler93 Member

Are there any other model xj650j besides the 1982 that would have a harness that would im not jumping to conclusions i know from the second i open the box when i get this one but its a just in case.And if anyone on here has one let me know. thank you for your help threw some of this

3. organizedinsanity

organizedinsanity Member

I replied to your other post and mentioned that I HAVE the correct harness for your bike. It was pulled only because I am doing a motor swap. All of the plugs are in great shape and I replaced the fuse panel with a new one because the original ones go bad with age. It is from an 82 xj650j maxim. If yours is an 82 650 maxim it is the one you need. If interested pm me and we will go from there.

4. turtlejoint

turtlejoint Member

just hold out for the proper harness. itll show up.

5. schooter

schooter Active Member

lol omg u guys look at organized insanity post!!! HE'S GOT THE RIGHT HARNESS!!!!!!!

6. tyler93

tyler93 Member

Yes i do have a 82 xj650j does your harness have continuity has any engine been run using that harness? if you could get some picutres and a good price you may have a buyer.incase i cant get this one hooked up that im getting.

7. organizedinsanity

organizedinsanity Member

If you cant get the other harness to work let me know and we can work something out. The harness came from my running bike. I have my maxim all torn apart because I am swapping in a turbocharged engine and I have the harness for it so my stock harness will no longer be used. All plugs, connectors, wires, etc are in great shape and every thing worked correctly on the bike.

8. tyler93

tyler93 Member

Alright sounds good odds are from what i am hearing this harness is not going to do anything for me but give me more work so iam screwed again. How much do you want for your harness?

9. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

Just a ? about this. The Yamaha part # for the harness he needs is 5N8-82590-50-00. The one he bought is 5V2-82590-50-00. Wouldn't these be the same just listed for diffrent bikes.? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the first 3 #'s/letter the model of the bike?

10. TheHound

TheHound Active Member

Re: Help a 15 year old building a bike.. Wiring harness fitm

That's what I thought the 5V2 was the seca designation.
    It says 5V2 on my neck and motor.