1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Help! Should have taken more picture

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by e13design, Jun 4, 2011.

  1. e13design

    e13design Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi guys,
    So I stripped the bike down to repaint, well... everything. So I bought new SS brake lines from chacal and installed them. Now I'm trying to put the cluster back on and it looks like everything in the way. Can anyone point me to a good place that has a decent picture(s) of all the brake/tac/speedo/clutch lines and how they fit around the instrument cluster.
    Thanks. Photos to come soon of a fully restored 550 seca.
     
  2. wizard

    wizard Active Member

    Messages:
    5,282
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    DEVON ENGLAND
    PM Bigfitz, he will have all you need.
     
  3. tskaz

    tskaz Active Member

    Messages:
    1,878
    Likes Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Saint Louis, Michigan
    Actually, for the 550, Fitz probably has way more info than you could read in a week. He will definitely set you right up.
     
  4. tskaz

    tskaz Active Member

    Messages:
    1,878
    Likes Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Saint Louis, Michigan
    BTW, his member name is Bigfitz52
     
  5. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    Thanks, guys.

    Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get you the cable routing diagrams from the factory book.

    Once you get everything where it's supposed to be, the cluster actually comes off/goes on pretty easily. I've had a lot of practice; apparently my riding style is hard on old mechanical tachometers.
     

Share This Page