1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How 'bout a 550 picture post?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by protomillenium, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. protomillenium

    protomillenium Member

    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    New Buffalo, Michigan
    Here's my recent purchase, post yours!
    I'm not sure where to go with this bike, mostly stock or a little cafe restyling?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. RangerG

    RangerG Member

    Messages:
    642
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
    I found one!

    [​IMG]
     
  3. kd5uzz

    kd5uzz Member

    Messages:
    419
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I like the white, maybe thats what I'll do to my '82...
     
  4. sgary

    sgary Member

    Messages:
    145
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    My 550. I'm going to fit an 18" XS650 spoke rear wheel and a Virago front spoke wheel. I might extend the swingarm 2"-3". Probably going to change the forks too. I hope you don't have an over-active imagination like me.lol.
    Pix in gallery. I have to learn to resize my pix.
     
  5. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    Ok, if you insist;
    Here's my '81

    [​IMG]


    And another one of the '81

    [​IMG]


    And my '83

    [​IMG]


    Group hug

    [​IMG]
     
  6. Ltdave

    Ltdave Member

    Messages:
    997
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    1981 Maxim
     
  7. Blackout550

    Blackout550 Member

    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Minnesota
    its no seca..but heres my newest pic

    [​IMG]
     
  8. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    Neither is LtDave's snazzy little Max. Thread just said "550" not specifically "Seca" and I do believe you have a 550 there. Sexy sprocket, BTW.
     
  9. Ltdave

    Ltdave Member

    Messages:
    997
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    why thank you...
     
  10. dinoracer

    dinoracer Member

    Messages:
    386
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ranger is that the Yosh pipe?? I could lean as far over as I wanted and it never touched!! Had great sound and I was pulled over too many times becuase the cops always thought I had cut off the collector.

    Sean
     
  11. RangerG

    RangerG Member

    Messages:
    642
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
    Yes it is. I put the Yoshimura header on about 20 years ago. The stock mufflers had rusted through already by then. The Yosh pipe certainly has a great sound - to me anyways. My wife and kids can recognize my bike by the sound alone. At 48 yrs old, my Valentino Rossi days are long past. I keep healthy "chicken strips" on my tires and there is very little chance I'll drag anything in a corner, unless I make a huge mistake and bomb into a hairpin at warp speed. Attached is a short clip of my bike. It's posted here somewhere else as well.

    [​IMG]
     

Share This Page