1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. woot

woot Active Member

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.777479+-
    LOL - I'm glad my avatar is well received... :) I'm trying to create a new generation of armoured bikers.

I'll have to dig up more pictures for my gallery... I'm sure I have some pretty classic ones from the long hair days.

2. secaman

secaman Member

i came from xjowners!

3. RobsTV

RobsTV Member

Another from xjowners, although I was only there a couple weeks.

4. Jazzmoose

Jazzmoose Member

When I finally decided the XJ650 was going to be my first bike, I googled and found the xjowners site...just in time to be told it was disappearing and jumped over here. I'm not sure I ever even registered over there...

5. jeff-ski

jeff-ski Member

I was looking for xj fotos in a yahoo search and actually stumbled onto this sites' photo archive. I didn't really use the forum part as it was relatively small at that time... until I needed a YICS tool diagram... found robert's link and I was sno-balling from there. Now ya might have a hard time getting rid of me.

Jeff

6. ctraugh2005

ctraugh2005 Member

I was looking on Yahoo.com and searched XJ750 and this site was on the first page up.

7. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Google - I don't recall what the search string was, but it was obviously a golden jackpot winner. I think I was initially looking up carb cleaning.

8. kipper

kipper New Member

I've been a xj owner for just over a year now, but didn't start looking around for sites until I got my second bike last October. Googled for some pretty general terms like "yamaha xj750" and found a number of sites that gave me some very superficial info. Gave up on it until I decided I actually needed something like this list. Wierd thing is, I didn't think to use terms like forum, owners, list in my search, so I was still stumbling. Finally -- as in last week -- I tried to come up with something more specific that pertained to my bike. I googled "yamaha xj750 periodic maintenance oil" and one of the hits was for xjowners.com which brought me here.

9. DIYMechanic

DIYMechanic New Member

I used Google search for " Yamaha Maxim 650". Was searching for some technical information, read a couple threads and joined as a member. I have found a lot of info regarding my bike. Ordered the XJCD for more info, very glad I found you guys!

10. rredder

rredder New Member

I am currently doing some work on my 1982 Maxim 750 and googled XJ750 and got here from a link on the second page. It seems like a great site. I will definately be coming back. 8)

11. woolsac

woolsac Member

I believe I googled "XJ750RJ Seca" and first got a result for the XJ Owners page. From reading that, I believe someone made a plug about this site. :D

12. penguinlady

penguinlady New Member

was looking for a wiring diagram to help me re-wire my headlight after taking the headlight fairing off. I did a search on yahoo for "seca750 wiring diagram" and somehow was directed to a forum here :)

13. Skot

Skot New Member

I'd had my bike for a year or so and was bored at work. And Google was there...so i was trying to find some parts and i saw the link. Now that's I'm here I'm reading every bit of info i can on these great bikes. :)

When i picked up my bike ($650 and i rode it home) it had 17k original miles on it.

14. killer_chicken

killer_chicken Member

i was searching for my 81 seca 750 and looking at bikez.com for the picture to show someone, and i saw a forum like thing on the bottom, was looking there and found one of them was xjowners.com and it linked me here, glad I stumbled onto it. Saved me already.

15. OU812didntU

OU812didntU Member

i did a search on google 85 xj 700n maxim and stubbled across xjowners but didnt think of becoming a member until i e-mailed a guy about a problem with the bike, he was very knowledgable when i asked how he compiled so much info he told me xjowners club

i took me 30 seconds to decide to sign up and really glad i did the guys and gals are great and very very knowledgable.

16. HooNz

HooNz Member

just a pity about o you ate one too didid'nt you , right on the edge of insanity .

17. yamamax

yamamax Member

This will be a repeat of most of the posts I read, but you probably still want to know. I did a google search for "XJ700" and found the Maxim-X site. Herald told me about the owners group list, and when I googled "xj owners" this site popped up first, and here I am.

Like many of the others, I also joined the XJ list recently and find the forum format much easier to deal with since I can pick and choose what I am interested in reading and don't spend so much time deleting hundreds of messages. I only joined the forum a couple days ago, but have found it to be very helpful already.

18. YamaDogRob

YamaDogRob New Member

After nearly a 20 year absence from Motorcycling (my ex-wife refused to let me ride anymore after a nearly fatal wreck racing some friends in the Berkely hills and the death of her brother while riding through the Austrian/Itallian Alps) I got the itch again and started doing research online before buying a bike.

I've previously owned many Yamahas. My first bike in high school was an RD250 then I stepped-up to an RD400 Daytona. While in college I rode an XJ550 then upon graduation I bought an FJ600. I later jumped-up to a FJ1100 which I rode untill I moved to San Francisco in '87. While out in CA I rode a '78 CB750F (a classic SOHC which I had totally tricked-out into an all out cafe racer and left many squids on their Ninja pocket rockets in my dust) until the above mentioned wreck.

Although the Honda was rock stready and reliable, I've always had a thing for Yamaha's styling especially the bikes from the mid-70's - mid-80's. The newer bikes from all the manufactures just don't do it for me. Rice rockets or full-on cruisers seem to be the only choices and they leave riders like me who like the old UJM's out in the cold.

So several months ago while searching for info before buying my bike I stumbled upon this site. I've been a lurker ever since and have found it to be an invaluable wealth of help and knowledge.

I finally decided to register so that I can help others as I have been helped by this community and so that I can post my own questions directly.

Ciao,
    Rob

19. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Member

Googled "Yamaha XJ550 Seca" and found this link after about 5 0r 6 pages of worthless crap. I thought I was the only one who cared about these old classics any more- WRONG! Good to be among friends....... :D

20. Marty82650

Marty82650 Member

I went to Texas for a week long training while I was gone my girlfriend bought a 82 xj650. We had been riding my brother's v-star so she thought we needed the bike. When I got home and checked it out the PO wasn't up front with all the things the bike needed, mainly the exhaust. I didn't want to disapoint her so broke down and bought a exhaust system. It was while looking for parts I ran into this site. I think its great and have been reading it everyday since. Thanks alot for sharing you wealth of information.
    Marty