1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. dhoover9

dhoover9 New Member

I found this site on Google. I put in 1981 Yamaha 650 Maxim.

2. Snowdog

Snowdog New Member

Found it in a cross post from my Astronomy Fourm Cloudy Nights. Someone had a link to a Moto Guzzi forum and that lead to here.

3. Axle

Axle New Member

Googled after buying my first bike, an 82 750. So far this forum is by far the best I've seen for info pertaining to my bike. Every question I've asked has been promptly and accurately answered by some quality people. I'm hooked!

4. jasonswllw

jasonswllw New Member

i was looking up pics of custom xj's. found this pretty cool site.

5. sherman204

sherman204 New Member

I was asking some general questions on the XS owners site about some tech thing for a XJ and one guy referred me to this site. I'm also happy he did. Lots of useful info and fun stuff to read.

6. ricklees

ricklees Member

Hello,
    I came here from a google search, "1982 XJ750J"

Your link was near the top on first page and I saw the forum format, clicked on it.

1 long week of reading later, and very much more informed, I've found me a new home away from home!

If you can't learn it here , you can't learn it!

7. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Put me down as a Google source. I was looking for information on my XJ and just happened to stumble onto the site. So far, it's a Mecca of information!

8. NursePadawan

NursePadawan Member

I found this site from someone on beginnerbikers.org.

9. joshwxj

joshwxj Member

google here as well

10. wildman

wildman New Member

Google!

11. blofton22

blofton22 New Member

I just bought my first bike and it is a XJ650 Midnight Maxim. I had some work done to it as it was sitting in the sellers garage for over a year. Everything is new to me about this bike or any bike for that matter. So i am having some problems with it starting so my buddy told me to look for forums because the guys on them are very knowlegdable. So here I am....Thanks for having me!

Found it on a yahoo search.

12. protomillenium

protomillenium Member

I was having amazing sex with a Christian super model, and at her moment of ecstasy, she shouted, "XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com! XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, XJbikes.com, " ect.
    So, I considered that a message from god, and so, I found this site. However, since then, I've found that not every one on this site, has a sense of humor.

13. Rspaulding

Rspaulding New Member

I was searching google for a seca 750 front fairing. And found this site

14. schooter

schooter Active Member

i was googleing my bike, found some guys blog, and he mentioned xjowners.com, and it was a direct link to this site

15. Zenit

Zenit New Member

Gotta love Google.

I got here mostly because of my father. I've always been an American bike guy, I love my 04 Victory Kingpin, but recently told my father I was going to scour Craig's List late in the season to find something that be a little bit more fuel friendly and practical for jetting around and about to work, etc. My father beat me to the punch, found a pristine 82 Maxim 650 with 9K on it, all stock save for new rubber and a windshield...More out of curiosity than anything, I went over to see the bike, take a spin around the block. I expected easy handling, economical operation, what I didn't expect is this bike is FUN! What a great engine, plenty of juice and willing and able, even after I put it through its paces on the local highway. Suffice to say, bought the bike on the spot for $1200, the more & more I ride I think I stole this superb bike.

I never expected the response of a 26 year old engine design that I got when I took this gem out for a spin. Yes, it was very well taken care of...but color me impressed, anyway.

[​IMG]

16. Heater68

Heater68 New Member

I was considering buying an xj and decided to get info on the model first,i googled yamaha xj, and here i am. Yes,i did buy the bike,my first.
    LET THE BIKING COMMENCE !!!!! 8O

17. Victa

Victa Member

Google!!

typed in 1982 xj650rj and somewhere in the mess of sites that had nothing to do with my bike i stumbled on xjbikes. i am so glad that i did.

18. maximike

maximike Member

You know, that's a good question. I really am not sure. I've belonged to several forums, depending on bike, or interests. I think I just googled Maxim forums when I got my bike. Before this I was on a couple Honda CB forums, because of my old bike, my usernames were something like MotorMike and Motard, I think, also I was on a Sportbike forum because they were quoting me from another site and arguing about it, so I joined just to reply, and clarify, as I don't technically have a "sportbike" (Y'all may disagree)

Anyway, your site came up when I was looking for an answer to something, probably some basic question about my new Maxim, and there you have it.

19. Kyrrinstoch

Kyrrinstoch Member

Google for me as well while doing pre-purchase research for my bike. "1981 Yamaha xj550" search terms and this place came up in like the #2 spot. Hard to ignore that.

20. chopper716

chopper716 Member

I beleive I found this place through searching google for bobber conversions and I ran across Crath's thread.