1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How many times have you wrecked?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Lowbot, Jun 26, 2013.

1. gijim

gijim Member

Once, had a guy in a truck pulling a trailer with quads on it pull out in front of me. Did not make contact with the truck or trailer, just the road. On the most expensive bike I have owned. Learned its not necessarily a good idea to replace the stock round head allen key shock bolt with a longer 5/8 hex bolt for mounting a saddlebag bracket. The allen heads are smooth for a reason

[​IMG]

2. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

NOne for the last 305 years, but I haven't ridden my bikes a lot. Last time I went down, it was at very low speed, on the gravel, I stupidly braked on the front wheel while turning the bars to find a place to aprl the bike, and down she went in a flash.

I managed to stay up myself, so the only wound was the one inflicted to my pride...

3. aSECAwrencher

aSECAwrencher Member

Twice. Both on my first bike, a 1980 XS 850 SG Special.

#1, Started raining, couldn't see through my visor, familiar road but lost my head a little due to very low visability. Dropped the bike on a turn. Minimal damage to the bike and no damage to me thanks to helmet and gortex with kevlar.
    Lesson, Increased risk of riding with reduced traction and visibility.

#2, Pushed off the side of road and into a 6" concrete bank. Minimal damage to bike and myself. Laptop that I was porting at the time was completely fragged. It probably broke my fall.
    Lesson, Mind other drivers and expect them to kill you.

That was about a decade ago. Nothing since. 30K miles of two wheel road experience has taught me a lot.

4. bmarzka

bmarzka Active Member

305 YEARS?!?! How old are you?

5. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

I am 353 years old, lol! I wanted to write 35 years, I ended up with 305...

6. Wirehairs

Wirehairs Member

I only remember dropping a bike back in 1986 or so, and that's because I was stupid enough to drive my bike on a sandy portion of a beach. I got what I deserved, but it was very low speed.

Alternatively, here's a picture of my brother's motorcycle after he was hit sideways by a cop in 1986 in Quebec who ran through a stop sign without his lights on as he responded to a silent alarm at a house. It's amazing my brother didn't die. The cops who arrived afterwards took the cop away from the scene, and it appears there was a fair amount of cover-up afterwards. I never really regained my trust in the police after that. :(

Oh, and the bike is a Suziki GS450.

[​IMG]

7. motors-guitars

motors-guitars Member

havent yet (6months riding), hope i never do. friend started riding about 2 weeks after... hes dropped his 5 times already

8. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

In the dirt, so many times I was getting good at it.
    Gravel roads on a dirt bike, a few, their not fun
    Street 0

9. ryancdossey

ryancdossey Member

Lol

10. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

Twice, back in 1970, both times same bike, Honda 550Four :( . Too much throttle in a turn bike slid out from under me :? . Second time taking an off ramp one the QEW on to Hurontario Street in Mississauga Ontario. I wasn't going very fast, but the ramp was made of a mixture of ground glass and asphalt. Very slick stuff. There was a OPP Station right off the ramp 8O . I don't think my bike even had time to come to a rest. I had that thing up and going so fast I don't think anyone knew what happened :wink: ! Broke a mirror once and scraped an exhaust pipe and crash bar.
    Never got hurt either time. All I got was black skid marks on my jeans. Never saw any riding gear back then. Only on track racers not on the road. Everyone wore jean jackets or leather jackets and jeans. Back then if you wore what we do now your manhood was questioned, even by your parents :roll: .

11. johns

johns New Member

In 28 years of riding I dropped my GSX400 twin (sold als GS400 in the states afaik) once while braking. Same thing with with my R1150GS. Both times when suddenly braking because of not paying attention enough. Damage: front fender on the Suzuki (because of sliding into a car in front of me at low speed). Didn't really drop it, tipped over when I got to a standstill :(.

The Beemer traveled a few yards on it's side before coming to a stop. I got up and was next to it almost the same time it stopped. Damage: rear indicater and the valvecover got scarred.

That's about it. Two other emarrassing moments were with my K75S. Foot slipped while putting it on the main stand., so it fell away from me. Never had much luck with that bike. It was also the cause of a small fire wich took out the back of my garage. Didn't care for the toasted bike, I was more upset by the lost wrenches I still had from my dad who passed away when I was 11 :/

12. RecoveringWorkaholic

RecoveringWorkaholic Member

13. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

oops.... twice. I forgot about the parking lot incident a few years ago. I was leaving work, and failed to notice that grounds maintenance had flushed the sprinkler system that morning. I found one of the patches of sand that was left behind.....the front slid out and I dumped the bike into a curb.