1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I just dont get it !!!

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by fizzy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. southpaw

southpaw Member

Fizzy juat a crazy thought try running the bike with the gas cap open maybe the vent is plugged and vapor locking the tank

2. dustball

dustball Member

My bike would give up 2 and 3 once it got warm... There was a little bit of paint where the coil meets the frame and had some green corrosion barely visible on the connections from the coils to the CDI.. Acid brush and Isopropyl alcohol took care of it... then i scrubbed it with a wire brush just to make sure... bike runs good now

3. fizzy

fizzy Member

THANKS ALL...I TRIED A PUMP BUT THE FLOATS COULDNT COPE SO IVE DECIDED TO PUT IT BACK TO NEAR STANDARD....FITTED A HORRID MOTAD CAN AND FABBED AN AIRFILTER BOX - ONLY ONE INCH DEEP SO SHOULD MIMIC THE ORIGINAL PRESSURE DROP TO SOME DEGREE...

4. rotax74

rotax74 Member

try running your bike with your petcock all the way to the right..maybe it could be something with your vacuum line.. my bike ran like crap and quit when it warmed up and you let it cool it start back up and run good. when i run it all the way to the right runs fine

5. fizzy

fizzy Member

ive thrown the towel in on this one!! Never been beaten before but this has me!. Put new set of good carbs on....ran sweet for 2 hours then wallop...cool down, off again...hour later and it does it again. Ive bought a tidy 600 complete bike, gonna strip everything out and transfer it.