1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I keep debating about which newer machine to get....

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by k-moe, Oct 7, 2021.

1. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

...and I keep going back to this one (and a Moto Guzzi, but don't tell).

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Hey @k-moe! You can't go wrong the the Yamaha Super T but have you ridden a M-G? Any of them, any year? They are for sure an affliction unlike any other make (even the H-D). I have my 1984 California 2 that I put together when it came out of the crate. Not quick, not really fast but if you don't pay attention it is easy to be well over the speed limit while seemingly just puttering along. Not at all like the fast of the more modern rocket bikes. I have not ridden the newer ones so cannot say they still have the same character, but I hope so.

k-moe likes this.
  3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I have been looking too, just can't wrap my head around HP, torque, sport touring, hooligan. The Yamaha folks have a few really nice bike and I was looking into the Tracer 900. I guess it is a great all around bike that will make you smile in any mode. For me the Super T is just just too top heavy way up there and with all that gas tank weight. The engine also is as the guy in the above vid was saying....just robbed of power.

It might be time for me to acto my age and go with something a little more calm but why? I am still in love with my Bandit 1250s with all the Dale Walker goodies on it. Bottom line for me it was between the Tracer 900 and the Triumph Rocket 3 R. The tracer 1200 they say is just way too much weight up top and I hear the same thing about the Super T. But the Tracer 900 seems to be the bike of that class.

Good luck on your next ride and I feel for you. It is hard to pic the next ride that you may only get to test ride for a few mins. Let us know what you put in that stable.

4. Defcon55

Defcon55 New Member

I pre-ordered the 2022 mt10sp
    Coming from a 2014 fz09.
    Pretty excited to get it.