1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Idling issues please help

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Juan Ricardo, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Juan Ricardo

Juan Ricardo New Member

Hi there:
    I'm new here also new with Japanese motorcycles my experience was 20 years ago with Russian motorcycles also Jawa and MTZ motorcycles( I think germans), never have a 4 cylinders bike, so here is the issue I'm having, on start, it idles ok about 1500/1800 rpm but after a few second it goes nut! or if I give gas the same happens, posting a video so you guys can hear it and please let me know where to start looking at. I will appreciate it, I'm unemployed, my vehicle is almost going to be taken by the bank, I need something to go to work if I can find another job. so that tells you, money is only for kiddos. bu I can trie.

Another issue I'm having is about lighting, I replaced everything with LED, include the Dashboard cluster to LED, the video shows when the bike is off they work ok, with the exception of the light indicator in the dash only blink when it's on the left position if I turn the SW to right it will not blink, also when the engine is running the LED blink very fast not right.
    adding the link for both videos.

regards and thank you a lot
    jc

ps: it looks I can't add the videos, I may need to contact the forums administrator or I will try to move to youtube

2. Juan Ricardo

Juan Ricardo New Member

Here are the videos
    LED ISSUE

IDLING ISSUE

3. kosel

kosel Active Member Premium Member

When you start it, are you using the enricher (choke)? And do you turn the enricher off when it starts to rev? Next, racing like that can be a vacuum leak, which you can check with an unlit propane torch. Wave it around the carbs, if it races more, you have a leak. A vacuum leak is most likely cracked carb boots or throttle shaft seals.

4. Juan Ricardo

Juan Ricardo New Member

Thank you so much, No at the start the choke is off, I will look on youtube how to do the vacuum leak test and I will back later today, I do have a propane torch on my garage.
    Thank you so much, btw when you said carb boot is this?

Attached Files:

5. Juan Ricardo

Juan Ricardo New Member

@kosel Find it, you were right it was a carb boot not tight enough so vacuum leak, thank you.

Franz and kosel like this.