1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I'm a statistic, got laid off...

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Robert, Jul 28, 2010.

1. MACDBF

MACDBF Member

That's really good to hear Robert. I hope you really enjoy your new Job, and hopefully get to stay in it a while!!!
    Cheers Mac

2. schooter

schooter Active Member

so besides dealing with change, is it possible you're going to be better off than before?

with the severence and all

3. ZaGhost

ZaGhost Member

Great news Robert, congratz

4. Alive

Alive Active Member

Glad to hear it all worked out for you :)

5. skippy344

skippy344 Member

Congrats, Robert! But with your talents, you were not gonna be unemployed for long!

BTW, SWMBO's TCI is still rock solid! We do about 200 miles a weekend!

greg

6. primostoy

primostoy New Member

Great to hear you are back in the work force, the economy is really bad in alot of places right now, my wife and I worked at the same company until she got laid off almost 2 years ago, life has changed abit for us, thats one of the reasons I sold my Maxim (to help pay some bills). My brother is letting me ride his Sportster back and forth to work for now, anyway, she just got rehired this past week so hopefully we can turn things around and maybe soon I can get me another Maxim, anyways, good luck...

7. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

Good to hear you weren't down for to long. Hope you enjoy your new job! Glad everything worked out for you! I had 2 months off already this year due to a layoff(I don't mind being layed off I hate my job!). That is why I call it funemployment :lol: ! I went back to work in june for a month then herniated a couple discs in my neck in july( that hurts like a b*@%h :cry: and my arm/hand goes numb every now and again). I almost had to have surgery on it even(still may if it acts up again). I finally get to go back to work part time this monday.

I don't know how long you were layed off for but at least you could ride your bike and regain some peace of mind that way. The last month I havn't been able to ride at all(or do anything for that matter). For about 3 weeks I lost about 50% of the strength in my left arm. On the bright side at least I had a nice driveway ornament with my bike sitting there. I finally was able to ride it yesterday for about 5 miles... My arm only went numb about 3 times! yay... Anyway enough about me!

8. phil29

phil29 New Member

Keep one eye on Britain. Give it a year or so and every last one of us will be unemployed. As this is due to the hole in the economy created by the banking 'industry', we are supposed to understand and be glad to sacrifice ourselves for the good of the country.(i.e. the very same banking industry) You could'nt make it up.

9. Robert

Robert Active Member

Great! Glad to hear it. Please comment in the Service section under http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=22676.html. Or start your own thread.
    Hope you have many more years of fun.