1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

indicator buzzers

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by nablats, Aug 3, 2022.

1. nablats

nablats Member

after seeing a biker almost wiped out last weekend, after a car pulled across him (he had left his indicator on since i pulled in behind him, but couldnt pass to tell him as i was in a car).
    I decided to fit 12v buzzers to my 81 xj650. the warning repeater lamps between the clocks were broken so i used the wiring to them to power the new buzzers (i used two each side to get enough volume).
    it did sound a bit mad when testing in the shed, but thats fine if it prevents the aforementioned scenario happening to me.

2. punch6538

punch6538 New Member

Did the same, fitted little buzzer to indicator wires and sat it between clocks.. cheap and a great little life saver.. as a biker and motorist I see too many bikers leaving indicator on and the very real potential for a wipe-out ... Been there got the T-shirt...

3. Melnic

Melnic Active Member

buzzer goes off after a period of time?
    What buzzer did you use?

4. punch6538

punch6538 New Member

No, the buzzer stops when you turn indicator off.. it's really loud so you won't want to be listening for long.. Got mine off eBay years ago.. should be some on eBay .

5. Melnic

Melnic Active Member

Sorry, let me rephrase that. Does the buzzer start buzzing when you turn the signal on and keep buzzing while the signal is blinking ,or does it delay before starting to buzz?

6. short_circutz

short_circutz Active Member

Hook up a relay with a horn on the secondary contacts...you'll ALWAYS know of you left the signal light on, lol

7. punch6538

punch6538 New Member

Yep, starts buzzing straight away till indicator is turned off..

8. punch6538

punch6538 New Member

Hi, it buzzes as long as the indicator is on, indicator off buzzer turns off. You clip it inline on indicator wire..