1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Isn't winter over yet ? !!!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Teewinot, Jan 19, 2009.

1. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Gunna be low of 5 and highs of 13-15 here the next couple days :(.. too bad i don't have insurance and my M1 anymore hahah

Oh well it's gunna rain anyways... BUT spring is just around the corner i hope :)

2. HalfCentury

HalfCentury Member

Fitz, them is some seriously teeny weenie cylinders.
    Seriously, though, that is one gorgeous looking bike.
    Watch out for the slipper spots. It looks very wet all around there.

3. protomillenium

protomillenium Member

I rode to work Monday and Tuesday! :D But work is only 10 min.s away, and down a strait highway. :? Wish I could have taken some longer rides, because the weather's shutting down the joy again. :cry:

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I got yer teenie-weenie cylinders right here, pal! {just kidding} Thanks, wait until it's finished.

It hit 61 F yesterday, I skated out early and got in some more miles. It sure was nice to be able to ride in "normal" gear rather than feeling like the Michelin Man.

5. HalfCentury

HalfCentury Member

I rode Sat and Sun. Mostly I want to make sure the carb bowls are flushed at least once a week.

Seriously, Fitz, your restos are beautiful to behold.

I have started looking at FJ1200s and reading reviews of folks that have taken long trips on them 1 up and 2 up. If one comes up local I want to take it for a test spin.

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

Im at school right now i rode my bike to school today, cuz my friend rode his ninja 500 today too, the roads were a bit wet... and he has a 2 inch wide flat spot on his tire from doing burnouts... i always make fun of him for driving a lawnmower.... sounds just like one

7. bill

bill Active Member

We are having a nice week - 40s to 50s in the morning and upper 60s to low 70s as a high. Rode to work every day so far - looks good for the rest of the week.

Real stress reducer getting to ride home. My office is right in front of the bike lot so I can see everyone as they come in 5 out there today on real nice days there are as many as 8 to 10.

Saw 1 guy looked my bike all around this morning. I rode all last summer so I'm surprised he has not seen it before.

8. sushi_biker

sushi_biker Member

It was 70 today in Maryland. Kind of windy though. No problems, the way to offset that is to hit the twisty farm roads where hills and trees block the wind. :)

My convalescent leave is running out so I better party while I can!

9. Hack

Hack Member

Here's a shot from the recent storm in England to make us feel better...

[​IMG]

10. PaulT

PaulT Member

NH seems to have moved out of the Artic air we were in. Mid 30's most days now, but still see snow/rain/ice in the forecasts :-(

Unfortunately, I don't have a real garage to do any work on my bike, and our basement is finished, so I can't even work on parts there.

11. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

Back to the original question at hand, the answer is an emphatic NOOOOOO!!!!! I am fairly sure of this seeing as I just spent 12 hours plowing snow. At least it was overtime!!! $30/hr. Ca-ching!!$$$$$$

12. protomillenium

protomillenium Member

32ºF today, mostly sunny. With no snow on the ground I had to go riding. That would make it -3ºF with the wind chill. I wore my WalMart ski pants. I was mostly warm enough, but after an hour of riding my fingers and toes are in pain. It started to snow shower as I got close to home, but no problem. 8)
    I think from here on I can stop using Sta-Bil in the tank.

13. HalfCentury

HalfCentury Member

100 miles over the weekend. It was cool to cold but it was also dry and the roads were safe to ride.

Rode to work today. Below freezing this morning. The bike started right up and idles perfectly. This afternoon is supposed to be 40 deg F. Its chilly but its not uncomfortable if you dress properly.

My commute is only 5 miles each way.

14. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Winter came back yesterday about 4" on the ground when it was almost all gone. Supposed to get to the 40's mid week.

15. flash1259

flash1259 Member

:( Same here MN-Maxim . but thats ok I have a few items to replace on my bike before I can ride it this spring. Found an airshock to replace my mono shock dirt cheap . a new uni foam air filter , my front fender. then I have to re mount the headlight assembly and the horn for better fit. but too darn cold in the garage right now to do it. umm I wonder will the ol lady freak out if ibring it in the house LOL

16. flash1259

flash1259 Member

Just got some more bad news . more snow for the next 6 days.
    damn I gotta move to a warmer climate

17. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

If it wasn't it sure looked like it here today!
    Took a ride west 40mi with my neighbor. 70f little breeze not a cloud inthe sky. We were just about home close to sunset, temp dropped 20 degrees, BRrrrr, almost had to put on my gloves :) .

18. sushi_biker

sushi_biker Member

It's in the 20's here in the morning, and it gets into the high 30's-40's during the day. The problem is the 20-30+ mph wind that's whipping all over the place. There's garbage cans blowing around in the streets, residual salt and gravel that make for treacherous patches all over the road. It just plain sucks.

I can ride in the cold or the wind but not both.

19. Hack

Hack Member

Two to four inches of wet snow in the forecast for tomorrow...it ain't over yet!

20. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

another 4 inches overnight, at least I know I have time to get her back together!
    Shaun