1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

JIS Screwdrivers

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by cds1984, Mar 31, 2021.

1. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

JIS Screwdrivers... Heard about em... bought some a while back and them some more and now I can't live without them.
    Great online store in Australia.
    https://www.rhinotools.com.au
    Search for vessel and you are on your way to the JIS love affair.

And no, I have no affiliation with these guys, although that have a fair bit of my money now!

:)

2. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

I bought my XJ550 new. For years I ignored the "cheap" screwdrivers that came with it. I ruined a bunch of what I thought were Phillips screws on the bike over the years using high quality Phillips screwdrivers....

It has only been in the last 10 years, from this forum, that I learned the XJ bikes have JIS, not Phillips. I started to use the original screwdriver set that came with the bike. Low and behold, screws came out so much better.

3. tj.

tj. Active Member

Because of the difference in the angles, the phillips bottoms out and doesn't seat properly with the slots in the screw. I've ground down some phillips head bits to make them fit better in the JIS screws. Only took about 1mm off. It isn't a perfect fit but in a pinch it works much better.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

sheet rock bits are a good fit in a pinch

5. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I bought a full set of Vessel JIS screwdrivers and love them. Even came with an impact driver. They have their own drawer completely away from my other screwdrivers.

6. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

mine hang on a rack with all my other screw drivers in a tool box on the shelf