1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Lost the only key to my XJ750 SECA... suggestions?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by nicmac888, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nicmac888

nicmac888 New Member

So that's rather unfortunate; I lost my only key somewhere in the woods, buried in snow. Did try to backtrack, but couldn't find it. I actually lost my whole set of keys (house, car, etc) but had doubles of most others.

I searched a bit, found old threads in here about some guy who recuts keys (argh, can't remember, it was "key men" or something like that) and already tried ordering/contacting them, but no answer - they must be out of business.
    There's a few shady eBay listings for such services, but I'm not so sure.

I did manage to find (I think/hope) the key blank code, as well as remove the lock for the seat/helmet hook and there's a small code stamped on the back (hopefully the cutting code).

Does anyone have a recommendation in terms of someone who they dealt with to recut keys from codes?
    Or could it just be easier to buy a new set of locks (gas/seat/ignition) with brand new keys and save a bit of guesswork?
    Other ideas?

Thanks for the input.
    Nick

2. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

The code is typically stamped into the ignition switch. Call a local auto locksmith and give them the code and have them check it for the make/year. They should be able to cut a new key if they have the code tool.

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Where in Canada are you? There’s a company right here in Utica that I use a lot.... they are THE best in the whole area.

5. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

My local locksmith cut my Seca key from the seat lock...works fine, bit sticky on the gas cap, but the ignition tumbler works 100% !