1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mad Max

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by rdbhere2, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    but that wasnt standard on that particular car because it was a stolen MFP pursuit special...

while i agree it COULD have been added by the Night Rider, i dont think its too likely...

just my opinion. its STILL a super movie. if you like it on your computer or TV you should have seen it on the Big Screen (if you never have)...

2. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

but that wasnt standard on that particular car because it was a stolen MFP pursuit special...

while i agree it COULD have been added by the Night Rider, i dont think its too likely...

If you read my comment it was just a STUNT just for effects. He didn't add it, the stunt people did to make it look like he was really moving when the car crashed. Get the MAD MAX cd and check out the extras and you will see a bunch of things the movie people did on such a low budget and got such a big return on this low buck movie. Also you can go to www. madmaxmovies.com and check out all the other stuff on the stunts.

3. Kenbo

Kenbo Member

Heck I loved those movies when I first seen them. Thanks for the reminder I will now have to go on Amazon and see if I can get the set.

Just a pitty that Hollywood got their hands on it. The third movie was no where as good as the first two as far as I am concerned

4. jeepsteve92xj

jeepsteve92xj Member

I agree 10,000%
    Too bad also that some idiot had to DUB the American English over the Aussie English for the original US release. (as they have done with several foreign English language movies and TV shows.

Get the super all inclusive Mad Max release and there is a setting to see facts about the movie during play at the bottom of the screen.

5. greg_in_london

greg_in_london Member

I hadn't thought that that would be possible. Are you very young or something ?

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

i havent seen it either, but im only 17

7. future9er24

future9er24 Member

you must. right now.

8. railtrolley

railtrolley Member

I have read somewhere from the makers of the film. They attached a rocket to the rear of Night Rider's car: 1972 HQ Holden Monaro, which fired out the side to make the car spin. This was done with dummies in the car as it was a dangerous stunt. You can also see that they took the nice wheels off, and used stock steel wheels for blowing up the car.