1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Michigan Xj people...... who is up for a cruise?

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by dfknoll, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

Great minds think alike. The bed and breakfast idea sounds like a winner

2. FABFABINC

FABFABINC Member

Well ok there is a bunch of interest by many but who will be the Ring leader ;) on this. So we can all know whats going on.

3. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

I think that we should try to establish a convenient place for everyone to meet who is willing to. Or maybe a couple of different places. For example, I would be willing to meet up with anyone in Port Huron or something like that. It would be nice to cross with someone though because i have never crossed by myself. I dont have a problem trying to organize it but it might be better if someone who has crossed the border does it.

4. schooter

schooter Active Member

dfknoll, ill ride to your place or something...

5. FABFABINC

FABFABINC Member

Dfknoll not a biggie to cross over. Well thats if you have no criminal record. I dont understand why people are so bothered to cross into Canada. I cross to the USA many times a year and have no problems to go or come back.

6. yamyboy

yamyboy Member

Im going and if we all go we need a place to meet has any one been befor and make a sujustion on a meeting place. im in toronto and dont want to miss it if theres a xj get together even beter.

7. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

That would be cool schooter. Although it would be easier to meet up in town. How about in like frankenmuth? That way its just 10 mins to I-75 and then we can get on 69 from there and head straight to Port Huron.

Its not that im making a big deal about crossing to Canada. I am sure that it wont be a problem either way, but i would rather be prepared.

8. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Crossing in and out of Canada is no big deal; as long as you have a Passport, Nexus card or Enhanced Driver's License (US citizens.)

9. schooter

schooter Active Member

ya, my friend got a DUI, after that he went to the port huron crossing like 10 times and made it in, then he went through North Dakota and they have nothing better to do so they pulled him over and ran his history and stopped him, as long as you have a license, no criminal record, and smile, its easy

10. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

okie dokie artichokies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. FABFABINC

FABFABINC Member

Well!! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.
    Fab

12. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

So i am glad that we got a Michigan ride together but.................................ITS NOT TILL AUGUST! I think that we should try to organize some other rides to. For example, whoever is interested could meet in Brideport and we could ride M-46 to lake Michigan or similar rides. Its always more fun to ride with other people. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas. This way we can get to know eachother better before the PD 13 ride and maybe figure some mroe stuff out about that ride to.

13. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    yeah and im STOKED!

my weekends are pretty well spoken for already for this summer between riding (either by myself or with a group from work) some vacation time with the family and my high power competitions so i dont know how many other group rides i could make...

im really hopin PD13 will come off for me. its on the schedule but who knows what will come up between now and then...

14. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

Anyone else interested in a group ride before August?

15. RangerG

RangerG Member

I'm thinking of invading Michigan from the west this year. Plan is to make it to the UP, Ontonagen area before heading west and north. Never been to MN, WI, MI or ON and I'd like to add them to my signature map of places I've ridden my XJ. I hope to be in MI on Aug. 16th or so. After that I have a 2,400 km trip back to the SK/AB border where I live. Need to be home by the 21st in case there is a surprise 50th birthday party for me! :eek:
    Maybe I can meet some XJ riders on the way over.

16. brent_bastien

brent_bastien Member

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/1625789182.html

Save the date June 26th in depot town Ypsilanti , the First annual Ton Up Motorcycle & Music Festival , Cafe racers , Bobbers , vintage bikes , scooters and more 12pm-12am Bike Show ,Swap meet, 9 live bands and much more , more details to follow - Free Admission

this sounds right up our alley

we could meet somewhere in the morning and ride in

17. brent_bastien

brent_bastien Member

just remember guys that when you plan one of these rides its a pack of 30 year old bikes we will have break downs so that should be taken into account on the milage

18. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. THanx for the info Brent. Sounds like i will have to keep that day open

19. midnitexj

midnitexj New Member

Already had the bike out! Just don't have the patients to wait any longer. Besides work is only 5 min from my house. Looking forward to Dover in August, would be nice to put some faces to these names.

20. davstarks

davstarks Member

I'm up for a ride to the U.P..