1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My SECA 750 Restoration

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Special_edy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

K-D Tools' #2274:

[​IMG]

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Funny story. I bought a new set of metric feelers when I got the Seca because I'm sure I don't have a full set anymore, just some individual ones for my scooter. After checking the valve clearances I oil them and put them in the drawer with my SAE set. Guess what I see in there......four sets of metric feeler gauges and one SAE. :roll:

3. Special_edy

Special_edy Member

Lol I've got 4 sets of feeler gauges. The metric set I bought for the Seca only has .5mm increments, and I drove for hours to find it. I had to use combinations of SAE feeler gauges to get these results. Metric feeler gauges are about as easy to find as left handed monkey wrenches when youre deep in the heart of Texas.

I think I changed two of the valve shims a year or two ago but never had the chance to run the bike and remeasure the results until now(I reinstalled with moly lube). Also I cant remember which valves I changed out or where I put the sheet of paper with the measurements.