1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My Stretched XJ1100 Bobber

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by pathebert, Jan 11, 2010.

1. skillet

skillet Active Member

REALLY nice scooter :wink: !!!

skillet

2. chadall3n

chadall3n Member

that is awesome

3. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

pathebert,
    Your bike is awesome looking. Could you please put up some close up pics of your exhaust? I like the look of it in the last pic on page 1.

4. pathebert

pathebert Member

The exhaust are the originals that were cut down so they are opened pipes right now and they sound great but I plan on building caps with baffleing for my 90 year old neighbor.
    [​IMG]

5. chuckles_no

chuckles_no Member

Now that is a bobber! Love it and really like the fact that you kept the handlebars the way you did instead of the drag bars or ape hangers. Very nice

6. pathebert

pathebert Member

Thanks, I originaly didn't like the looks of the bars but once I got it all together they flow well and feel great.

7. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I love the look, but I don't think my back could handle the rigid ride. Nice work.

8. jonrms

jonrms Member

I would really like more information.. I noticed you lost the suspension in the rear... what have you done if anything for the comfort aspect..

did (cause I can see) you put forward controls on etc..

this is something I am trying to copy but not exact.. if you know what I mean.. I love this idea and me being a tall bloke needs the extra room..

so any advice and or a walk through would be appreciated.. I read your page one.. and love the idea.. pps are you putting clocks on or not.

9. pathebert

pathebert Member

I went for looks on this project. I thought about putting spings on the seat but after building this seat it was the look had in mind. I got it out and drove it aroud a few block yesterday and am very happy with the ride. I am 50 with a good back right now, if that changes I may have to rethink this part of the design.

I originally thought I was going to have to put the controls upfront but with the stretched rearend the stock position of the controls work well for me. I am 5'11" and this set up is very comfortable for me. The front peg are just for cruising

I'm assuming clocks are speedometer and tachometer, if thats right then yes I plan on installing a speedometer but do not plan on putting a tachometer on it.

Hope that helps.

10. jonrms

jonrms Member

thats ideal.. I can just tell you .. you inspired me to do this as well... what is the overall stretch... mine is going away to the machinist/engineer tomorrow for the big project.. me and some other mates all aim to have the chop part done and back on the road in under 2 months.. EEEEK

I have some serious plans.

but I am having it extended and the drive shaft machined... my mate said he wont use a drive shaft from a civic.. because he thinks he can do better.. I hope he is right... but EEEK scary beens that bit. I have also stolen a idea from someone on here about the forward controls... and your headlight is the same as mine. I am putting a side mount number plate on the rear and getting a custom paint job as well.. ooh dear lots to do.. the only thing I havnt planned yet is the front end.. I will do that later after I see these results.. like you I might keep the front as it is.. or rake it. Thanks agian.. and if you can PM me the total length extended that would be great... and can I just ask why did you fabricate those pannels on the side.. was there any reason .. ie not looking good as open body or was it just personal taste.. ie you wanted to be differant.

thanks again.. really for your help

11. pathebert

pathebert Member

Sounds like you've got a good start on your project can't wait to see the end result.

I stretched my shaft and swing arm 5 1/2" just enough to make it comfortable for me.

The frame panels were added to give it a clean look also to hide the battery, fuse box, and the original tool kit that I mounted under the seat never know when you might need tools.

Here is photos of my tag mount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jonrms

jonrms Member

excellent... thanks again.. I will keep you in the loop re my build.. but I might be asking some questions if we come up against a wall.. thanks again for the inspiration.

13. danamoose

danamoose Member

Awesome job man, can/t wait to finish my 1100 bobber this spring! Man yours is awesome, love that stretch!

14. pathebert

pathebert Member

Thanks man, I,d like to see photos of your this spring.

15. terceseht

terceseht New Member

Sweet ride man! I'm sure it grabs attention on the streets! Your headlight is exactly like what I'm looking for for my bike, where did you find it and for how much? Everywhere I've looked they just seem too pricey. I've found some bullet passing lights on ebay for about $32 with shipping that I've been looking at getting. And my thought has been to use just one as my headlight, but I doubt it'll fit a light bulb that will allow high and low beam.

16. beanflicker_98

beanflicker_98 Member

looks really nice.Stock bars gotta go.

17. jonrms

jonrms Member

hey bud... just to keep you updated... since you insprired me to do my chop... if you look in the general section you will see a sneak peak of my bike..

bits are starting to fly off and alot of mocking up and changing my ideas around.. but alot of stuff bought.. so thanks again .. your the inspiration for this bike... ohhh my chop is 7 1/2 long.
    so 2 inches bigger than yours LOL

is just cause I am a tall guy!

18. pathebert

pathebert Member

I bought my headlight on ebay it was $36 has far as the bars I'm sticking with them they are the most comfortable bars I've owned.

Jon I left a comment on your string

I finally got my pod filters installed and put a dyno jet kit in the cabs got the idol straightened out and this thing runs like a beast and rides suprisingly smooth with the hard tail I can't wait to get out on a road trip.

19. jonrms

jonrms Member

did you use a tool to ballance the carbs up. if so can I borrow it... please please..

I am considering making one up.. but I rather have one that works to use and then copy off of...

I got my pods as well but havnt stuck them on the bike yet as thats one of the last tasks..

your chop is awesome bud.. I really cant wait to see the end of mine..

20. pathebert

pathebert Member

I have'nt sync the carb yet I've bought the tubeing and fittings to make one but have'nt done it.