1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by rotax74, Aug 15, 2008.

  1. rotax74

    rotax74 Member

    Messages:
    93
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    ROME,NY
    ive gotten everything off right down to the plate behind the stator. i am now in desperate need of help i dont know what to do after that point. i dont know if the chain has to come off or not, i have the rollers and springs and that all im waiting on. any help will be greatly apprieciated.
     
  2. wizard

    wizard Active Member

    Messages:
    5,282
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    DEVON ENGLAND
    what, exactly are you repairing / replacing?
     
  3. RickCoMatic

    RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,842
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Massachusetts, Billerica
    Hold everything right there.
    I emailed the Member I know who I know successfully did the job.
    Take a break until we hear from him.

    redcentre3 from the Land Down Under should be along, directly.

    I was so tempted to use a line from Pulp Fiction.
    But, I have to behave and be careful about every word I type!
     
  4. wizard

    wizard Active Member

    Messages:
    5,282
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    DEVON ENGLAND
    why do I feel I'm missing something?
     
  5. Deadulus

    Deadulus Member

    Messages:
    465
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Dufur, Oregon
    Maybe you have your hand in the wrong place?? :D
     
  6. wizard

    wizard Active Member

    Messages:
    5,282
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    DEVON ENGLAND
    not my hand, my head!
     
  7. Deadulus

    Deadulus Member

    Messages:
    465
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Dufur, Oregon
    Now that leaves one open for allllll kinds of posibilities....but I will refrain and just stand in the corner and smirk mercilessly.

    Actually, Id like to know whats going on too....brush changes?
     
  8. rotax74

    rotax74 Member

    Messages:
    93
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    ROME,NY
    no not brushes, the starter clutch should have mentioned it in the first post. sorry
     
  9. grimreaper169

    grimreaper169 Member

    Messages:
    304
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Mims,Fl.
    I love that movie What is the line
     
  10. redcentre003

    redcentre003 Member

    Messages:
    239
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Australia
    Joe,

    Found your post on the XJ site. There are some already detailed hints on how to go about this. When I get a chance today I'll see if I can find them and cut&paste to you to help.

    It's a tricky finnicky procedure but not impossible. Patience and perseverance required.

    Cheers,

    redcentre003
     

Share This Page