1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Neutral sensor

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by robertoy, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. robertoy

    robertoy New Member

    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I think I've a blown neutral sensor on my '81 Seca 750. It won't start unless I have the clutch disengaged, and there is no neutral light showing.
    Can anyone tell me how the sensor can be removed for testing and replacement? Rob
     
  2. Fraps

    Fraps Member

    Messages:
    712
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Removing the sensor is "fun". It sits under the bike almost right under the bottom horiz. frame bar on my 650. Check the wiring that runs along there for damage and follow it back to the connector to make sure all is good. To test it, run a wire from the connector to ground to see if it lights up (again - that's how it is on my 650 - not sure about the 750)
     

Share This Page