1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

"New" 1983 750Maxim

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by HarryT3, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Ted

Ted Member

The suspense is still killing me on this one - PM sent to HarryT3 for an update! :lol:

Just for the record - I was joking about the "pods & hacking" stuff. That's fine for my old beater but would be tragic to see it happen to something this rare.. hope I didn't scare him off! :oops:

DeanXJ750 likes this.
  2. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

I'm going to find a bunch of wood, make a crate and write on it and spray paint Japanese characters onto it then come up with a fake back story and "warranty-document", then post it up here too...I'm just egging him on now.

3. elGato

elGato Member

HEY! You know what they say! Curiostiy killed the Cat! Even if all these cats are VERY giddy about this bike. (Sweet BTW...)

There no Harm In checking to see if it has any worth, if it dosen't, the you can turn that crate into fire starter and LET'S SEE WHAT'S IN THE BOX!

A brand new Maxim must be Shiny... :)

4. pickax

pickax Member

HarryT3, you still out there?!? What happened? Hopefully there wasn't a curse on that crate! :twisted:

5. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

I'm guessing my taunts didn't work....

6. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

I wish I could afford to buy an 82 or 83 750 "crate" off of someone...
    Replace the rubber, brake lines, rear brake pads and fluids and away I'd go :) Vroom Vroom!

7. warthogcrewchief

warthogcrewchief New Member

I agree that time destroys most things rubber. However, I've seen some pretty nasty bikes that were not protected in a crate that still had decent rubber. I'd definitely get new tires, and at least check out the brake lines, but as for the engine, I'd take the hazard to guess that everything is going to be in great shape. I'm sure that most of the o-rings and seals had some form of grease or oil on them prior to and during installation, which should protect it from the air.