1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Ride proposal - Aviation Museum

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by bill, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

There have been mixed responses regarding whether to continue this ride. It seems very personal to each individual as to the best way to honor Bill. I really don't think it much matters which each of us does as long as we feel we are honoring him.

So here is what I propose. We meet at the IHOP. If the relay card makes it to Raleigh by 8/8 and someone has it, then post here and we sign that card. If not, we meet and I'll have a group card for him that everyone can sign. Or if you prefer, bring your own card.

Those who feel okay about the ride can proceed. Those who don't won't. Either way is perfectly okay...it's the intent that counts. Right now, I feel okay about the ride, because I think from knowing Bill personally that's what his gracious personality would want. But, I have to admit that depending on how his condition progresses between now and 8/8, events could require a change of heart.

2. jarreddaughtry

jarreddaughtry Member

Artie I am in on the ride. I have been talking to Bill about it for the past couple of weeks. I think one of us should bring a card and all who ride should sign it, that is the only way I will participate. I feel it is disrespectful otherwise.

3. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

IF it were me (and it's not, but if) I would want you guys to do the ride come hell or high water; rain, hail, sleet or snow.

4. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'm still planing on going, I don't think Bill would want us to cancel the ride because of him.

5. xulf13

xulf13 Member

I will go on the ride, but agree with Roger, that things could change and so does the heart whether to ride or not to. I definetly think we should do the card when we meet there. His condition is very rough right now so please if you do pray, pray for him.

6. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

FYI,

To all those planning on going on this ride. His family members have asked me to relay that they would very much like us to proceed with the ride.

It brings comfort to them to know that something Bill initiated and planned will be followed through. But, they also want to stress, if you do not personally feel right about it, then they understand. Honor Bill as you see fit.

I will have a get will card there for all of us to sign.

7. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Roger, I don't know if I'll be riding just yet. I feel though I should though. I suppose the card would now be a condolence card for the family instead of a get well card. Let me know if you 'll be there, and for that matter anyone else who will be there?

Eddie

8. jarreddaughtry

jarreddaughtry Member

I have decided to no longer go through with the ride. Maybe next time.

9. yamasarus

yamasarus Member

I don't think I can. Rides are supposed to be fun and I just don't see how this one can be.

Godspeed Bill.

Maybe one day I'll get to meet you and ride with you-----if I'm lucky.
    Peace.

10. oneuglybike

oneuglybike Member

Guys,

Ive spent the last few hours reading all of the posts online; haven't been here in a while. For the most part I am a lurker here, and my bike is pretty much in pieces. However, threads such has this have been my inspiration when tinkering with my bike. I am local to you guys, but have met none of you. However, it is clear to me that Bill was a great guy and that he will be missed. His family is in my prayers.

Mike

11. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about postponing the ride. Bills memorial service is this Saturday at 2pm, I would like to attend. I think Bill's family needs our support right now.

12. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Yes I will definetly be at bill's memorial. There is no way i will ride now. BUT I was wondering if anyone wants to meet a little earlier to sign a condolence card for the family. It doesn't have to be too early, maybe even an hour before the memorial?

SO who plans on attending the memorial?

13. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

I will be attending the memorial. I think the ride can be discussed at a later time when we can reset and rethink ...maybe make it into a memorial ride. Right now it's postponed...at least for me.

14. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'm planning on attending, we caould meet there a little before 2 and sign a card.

15. xulf13

xulf13 Member

^^ yeah I agree, forget the ride for now. the memorial ride sounds more right on to what we should do anyhow. I'm gonna show up about half hour earlier, hopefully ride there if the weather permits. So, we won't even meet earlier then, just at the church, and pay our respects. Who wants to pick up the card? I'm for it if you guys don't mind. Unless you guys already have one in mind. Let me know.

16. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

I will purchase the card....I'll be there rather early also. It's a small church so may be standing room only.

17. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

Hey folks, Dave (Bills brother and the one he sold his 81 850 to) I spoke to Roger and requested that this ride be rescheduled and as many of the original participants as possible attend. Please, all who have been touched by Bill who would like to ride with us please do. I will need some notice since I will be traveling from Florida. Thanks again for your support and being such a vital part of Bill's life.

Dave

18. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Dave,
    I did not get the chance to meet you after the memorial last saturday. I'm glad you shared about your brother. Yes indeed he touched a lot of lives. it was great to hear that from other who spoke as well. I hope to meet you when we get this ride going again. I'm open to a new riding date. Maybe Labor day weekend? Just a thought.

19. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

My calander is clear except for Sep 13, I have a group ride in Roxboro I attend every year. Labor day is good for me.

20. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

I could probably do Labor Day...we'll need to be certain the Aviation Museum and the Harley Museum/Restaurant will be open. I will check with them tomorrow and post here.

The weekend of 9/19 would also be good.