1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Ride proposal - Aviation Museum

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by bill, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

Glad you mentioned the camera...great idea...I bet I would have walked out of the house without mine otherwise.

2. jarreddaughtry

jarreddaughtry Member

Hey Artie,

I have some more people that want to ride. It will be my stepdad and two of his friends and myself. So that is Me+3. We will meet at the IHOP at 0730 since it is closer to us.

3. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

Okay,

Meeting at Wakeminster Church: (0645)

Dave
    Artie+1
    Xulf13+

Meeting at the IHOP: (0730)

All the above
    mlew + friends
    Jared + friends

Meeting at the Aviation Museum

All the above
    Yamasarus + friends

4. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

This group, this forum and Bill's riding companions are the closest I will get to riding with my brother, thanks for everything. To ALL who are participating in this ride, THANK YOU... Unfortunately the economy has kicked us in the can, again, with another reduction in hours leaving us in a really poopy position. Bottom line... I can't afford to make this run. I so wanted to ride with you folks, especially since this was Bill's last one he organized. I may not be there, but I will be riding in memory of Bill. I never got a chance to ride with Bill. We both had bikes when the other didn't. However, we did start talking about taking some rides and I had a list of rides here in Florida I wanted us to complete and we discussed some in NC. I want you to know that I will be on the road at 7:30 to have pancake breakfast with my son & the Christian Motorcycle Assoc. and then dropping the litte man off and hitting the road to check some of the rides off the list and burn a couple of tanks of gas. Please take pics as I will do the same. I'd like to propose making this an annual event. I hope to see you when I deliver the last leg of the relay and we can share the road, riding together.

God Bless and enjoy the ride,

5. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Dave, sorry you couldn't make it. I personally have experienced being pinched financially by the economy (i'm seeing better times now, yeah already)

I'm sure others will elaborate more than I, but I feel it was a great ride.

We met as planned every step ( wheel spin) of the way. There were 14 bikes total from Apex to Asheboro. We ate, honored Bill with a moment of silence, prayed and rode away. The weather was perfect. We met with yamasaurus at the museum. I'm attaching some random photos from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Sorry I did not get to meet you Dave, maybe next time. It was a great day and a great ride, everything was perfect.
    Thanks for posting the pics Xulf

7. yamasarus

yamasarus Member

Guys,
    It was neat meeting everyone and putting faces and motorcycles with the postings. Wish I lived closer. We will ride again, soon.

8. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

Thanks so much.... I REALLY wanted to be there. It was difficult not being able to be a part of this. However, I did leave out here for a panckake breakfast with CMA and my son. After dropping him off I ran out to Ozelo a beautifal 60 mile round trip to the gulf thru twisties surrounded by water in old fl country. I sat and watched the fisherman come in and others fishing from the banks (another passion on the list that Bill and i shared) I'll post pics later. From there I rolled 70 miles of long sweeping turns and sstraights out to the beach (it was a short stay) out of no where rain was looming and i headed for shelter. Got the gear on & it let loose. found a church (an episcipal church, we grew up in one) to sit at and kicked back to wait it out with a good cigar. It was nice texting my niece & nephew when the sherrif pulled up and the fun began... Do you (asked this first?) have a job, where do you live, what type of bike, year, ID and the clincher.. why are you here (it was raining buckets and lightening was striking everywhere). I looked at him and said is that a serious question? and finally a chuckle. apparntly the pipes set the alarm off (was revving the engine when I pulled up) So all was in order and I sat the rain out relaxing, remembering my brother, our lives growing up, the man he had become, saddened by the times we will not share and finnally...laughing how Bill was getting his diggs in on little brother with a biker baptism (Bill was a devote Baptist) and a sherrif shakedown (Bill was instrumental in getting my back on the the right path in life.) So the whole day was just perfect. Thank again XJers you folks are wasome

9. xulf13

xulf13 Member

I found this road off of US1 (Capital Blvd.) shortly after Bill Passed away. I rode thru it and at the other end as I turned around I saw this sign. Finally I got the chance today to take a photo of it.

[​IMG]

10. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

Great Pic... We're riding this when I come up!!

11. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

OK FOLKS LET"S RIDE!!! Need to start the head count and get some help to set up another Aviation Ride!! Tenative August Saturday 7th or Sunday 8th... Sound of/RSVP here!! Thanks again for all of your thoughts, prayers and support!

12. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

Great to hear from you Dave. I'll pencil it in on my calendar.

13. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'm ready, Either day is fine with me, but Saturday is better.

14. Dave_89_VMAX

Dave_89_VMAX Member

Lets start planning it... Can you guys start chatting it up with last years crew?

Is there any worth while charities we can tie this with to help some folks?? Maybe a food drive through Bill's church to help the community?

15. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Count me in as well.
    I've been doing plenty of riding, but been to busy to post online lately. been working on a 1973 TX650, I'll probably bring that out for the next ride.

Mark, Roger, GREETINGS, sorry I've been a stranger.

16. Artie(RT)

Artie(RT) Member

Xulf13,

You've not been the only stranger...I wish I could say I've been doing a lot of riding...trying to solve an issue with my bike where the idle rises gradually from 1100 with the bike warm to 1500 after about 45 minutes of riding. Got some ideas from the forum...but need to find a weekend where I don't have to work to try them out.

17. yamasarus

yamasarus Member

I should be able to make it, and probably bring some friends from down Charlotte way. Let's stay in touch
    Xulf13, let me know if you run into any problems on that 73 650. I have a little experience with all the old ones. Maybe I can help.

18. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Roger,
    I hope you get your problem solved with your bike. Mine does the same thing, but not as bad or as high of idle. I know that for my bike in the summer I have to lower the rpms a bit by turning the idle knob inbetween the carbs when it's summer and then turn it up a bit during winter. but mine only goes up from 950 Rpm's to 1150 maybe 1200. I need to read your post, maybe I can also try what they are recomending for you. I have been very busy with work, a 8 month old baby and family. Thank God i still have time to ride :)

Yamasaurus. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure something will come up on the build. here is a link to my build, it's not on this site because it's a caferacer (yes another).

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=12979.0

19. xulf13

xulf13 Member

So how is the roll call coming along? IS anyone going to make this ride or is still interested? August 7th is right around the corner.

20. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'm still up for it, its been a busy summer and it kind of slipped my mind.