1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New visitor, recently joined, requesting simple assist/confirmation

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by gmak, Jul 31, 2020.

1. gmak

gmak New Member

Hello,

In an attempt to assist my neighbor, who has no IP access, I've joined this site to seek Yamaha SECA 600 solutions.

1. The neighbor's bike is a 1996 Yamaha SECA 600. I've seen mention of SECA 500, 650, 750, etc. But very
    little mention of the 600. Am I in the right place?
    2. The current problem is difficult idle, dead idle, racing idle, oscillating idle. Just about anything related to
    his carburetion idle circuit.
    3. It seems that either/both of the Rick Massey - "Clean Your Own Carbs" series, would be exactly what I am
    looking for !
    4. I'm assuming that the article of latter date, and now closed for further reply, would be my best choice?
    5. I'm not aware of the carburetor manufacturer on my neighbor's 600. But, I can easily find out.

I've posted this here mainly for confirmation of my intent, to assist my neighbor. Once my need is finalized,
    I intent to simply print the documentation pieces, and pass them to my neighbor.

Excluding any suggestions, corrections, revisions, alternate guidance, etc., I'll just proceed as described.
    However, all guidance welcomed !

Thank you,

gmak

2. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

This site mainly deals with the older XJ's, Seca's from the 80's.
    Your neighbor's bike is a Diversion 600 or Seca II.
    Although much of your questions can be answered here and can be searched generically from Technical Chat,
    the following site is specific to the 96 Seca 600
    https://www.xjrider.com/