1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New XJ Owner

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by THDrummer, May 19, 2012.

  1. THDrummer

    THDrummer New Member

    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bloomington, IL
    Hi everybody! I bought a XJ750 a couple of weeks ago. I've been riding for a few years, but this is the first bike I've ever owned. Lurking around this forum has helped me a lot!

    So far, I've changed the oil and filter, changed the drive shaft oil, put new plugs in and checked the shoes on the rear brake. It seems to be running a bit rich, but looks like the PO took decent care of it.

    Next on the list is the valves.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    Welcome! Looks clean and complete.

    Good man. You are on the right track. Next step: find a service manual or two.
     
  3. mtnbikecrazy55

    mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

    Messages:
    2,620
    Likes Received:
    24
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    nice looking bike, grab some pics outside in the sun when you get the chance!

    welcome!
     
  4. THDrummer

    THDrummer New Member

    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bloomington, IL
    I've got an XJCD on the way. Will that sufice or should I get a Haynes manual too?
     
  5. THDrummer

    THDrummer New Member

    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bloomington, IL
    Will do as soon as I can!
     

Share This Page