1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New XJ600 owner

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Joe Parr, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Joe Parr

Joe Parr New Member

Hi,

I've just got a 1991 XJ600 and I love it. I bought it off my uncle who was actually the first person to take me on the back of a very similar spec XJ600 back in about 1997.

Had various bikes over the past 14ish years but over the last few years I had forgotten about riding just for the sake of riding and enjoying being out and about. I picked up a 1979 XL250 in early 2020 and now this XJ has bought me right back to where it all started.

Not been on forums for a while but if they're anything like they used to be, everyone will be friendly until you say something stupid and you'll forever be called out on it!

A random one but I was wondering if anyone had any of the original pictures from the launch adverts? With the 80s & 90s things it's always quite cool to see.

2. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

Hi JOe

Friendly forum this.. your bike will be a 51J model I reckon withe th motor derived form teh XJ550 - I had one a year old in 1990 I think. The later 'Diversion' models are quite different. Keep posting.

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Joe,
    Welcome to the forum. These folks are great, will give you good feedback when asked for and needed. I have played with many different metric bikes and I always come to this forum to look for information and try to help others.

If and when you have questions let us know in detail what you have done with the bike. It will help with trouble shooting and getting good information back. If you look at this page you have lots of reading to do if you want. Lots of good information. https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/forums/xj4ever-supporting-vendor.23/

I think after five posts you will be able to share pics too. Again, welcome aboard and enjoy.

4. Joe Parr

Joe Parr New Member

The XJ550 looks like a really cool bike. Good for a retro project if I can find one!

Thanks for the welcome guys! It's been snowing over here in the UK and terrible weather so it's been tucked away in the garage for a couple weeks, hoping to have a warm weekend ride soon though!