1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Northwest Washington

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by charger8609, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Deadulus

Deadulus Member

In the words of some unknown poster....

BUMP...

Really would be nice to see if we NW XJ'ers could at least get a meet and greet together sometime.

2. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

^^^Yes, I'd love to do that. Just need to agree on a time and place. Sometimes it's tough to get away, but if I have enough advanced notice, I should be able to plan ahead.

3. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

I've stayed kinda quiet on this subject. Until I get my bike up and running, I can't promise a meet anywhere. My mill is in soooooo many peices right now and, looks like another month before I can start putting it back together (parts fairy is back ordered). However, when I'm ready I'd like to meet up with some of the other members here.
    Cheers
    Ken

4. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

Still willing to meet some of the members here, XJ is long gone ( Killed by new owner filling the crank case completely full of oil.. RIP ) Riding a '01 Gixxer 750 meow. But as I said, Still wouldn't mind meeting and seeing a few XJ'ers.

5. Tiny

Tiny Member

I'd be up for it if I ever get my bike going. I use to hate the seattle area but since most of my family is up that way its starting to grow on me.

6. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

I still hate the Seattle area lol.. I am further up in Oak harbor ( Whidbey Island ) Traffic down there SUCKS lol..

7. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

burlington, wa here.... i think i will be moving to anacortes when my lease is up..... 6 months or so. either way when i finish with my bike i would love to go for a ride though that may be awhile. i also have a cb550 that needs some fine tuning and then its good to go. if anyone plans on going on any day trips or weekend things hit me up.

8. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

I ride in your area quite often. I enjoy SR9 and Chuckanut. We'll have to hook up when you're up and running.

9. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

well my cb is running pretty strong... new tires on this check and im good to go!

to all in the area i just read on sohc4.net about the rainforest run..... looks like alot of fun! i will most likely be heading out for it with a stop in port angeles for the hot springs!

http://www.rainforestrun.com/

p.s. jdpesz sorry to hear that your newspapers shop is going under...more work for me! haha

10. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Rainforest run is kinda spendy to register. Besides, I already have plans for a road trip with my church group for the last weekend in August.

Newspapers shop????? Scuse me, if it's a joke, it went over my head. 8O :?: :?: Splain, pleeze? Sorry, I'm a little dense. :lol:

11. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Andy,

I need to get up to the Oak Harbor area in July. I will be on my Beemer but would love to get out a little bit to see the area.

Possibly July 4 weekend or one of the following two weekends.

Care to meet up? PM me and I will respond back.

Loren

12. Carvall

Carvall Member

Hi XJ'ers. I live in the Seattle Area but I am usually explring the back roads. I wouldn't mind to travel to where ever spot to meet you guys choose. Who is organizing the meeting?

13. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

[qoute]Newspapers shop????? Scuse me, if it's a joke, it went over my head. 8O :?: :?: Splain, pleeze? Sorry, I'm a little dense. :lol:[/quote]

yeah the bellingham herald will not be printing their own newspaper. so their shop(press, insert machine, ect...) is going under. i am a pressman at the skagit valley herald and we will be printing it.

14. SiNNaTaS

SiNNaTaS New Member

Edmonds, WA here actually just found this forum after looking for something to do with my bike.. Kind of messed up the front fairing :( oh well I like it better with out it.. Bike still runs so its all good just need to do some mods to it.. But I'm always looking for people to go ride with, most of my buddies only ride dirt bikes so..

15. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Okay, hadn't heard about that. B'ham is a bit far from Stanwood. Glad you're still working. The paper biz is kinda taking it in the shorts these days.

16. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

No one yet, it would seem. I'd love to post something up, but right now I'm keeping my riding to a minimum untill I can get my new rear tire mounted. Looks like we have a number of riders in the area.

17. Carvall

Carvall Member

I just want to mention that last weekend I was exploring Poulsbo and while I was getting on my bike an other biker scream at me " Is that a SECA"? It kind of surprised me that XJ bikes are famous!!! My bike still far from pristine condition and it catch more attention that what I was expecting!

Anyway, When are we going to get together? Is anyone up for a ride on Saturday?

Carlos

18. Deadulus

Deadulus Member

Last summer while fixing a problem with a faulty fuel filter after it broke, I had the tank off and was hunkered down putting the new one on when I felt someone walkup to me.

I turned around and there was a group of riders that had just pulled in...one asked me "Isnt that a Maxim?" I told him yes it was. It was amazing to see the look of glee that came over his face and he hunkered down and started helping me talking about how he was sorry he had gotten rid of his long ago. After we finished I let him ride it a bit, after all he handed me the keys to his Harley before he left.

First thing he said when he got back was. Id forgotten how much power these things have THANKS!

Sorry for the long story.

19. Carvall

Carvall Member

Dedalus,

That is so cool!! Certanly our bikes were ahead in technology and even today they are not that behind. Thanks for sharing. When I bought my bike was in such a bad condition I never thought that was going to be the one of the best deals in my life so far. $60.00 Dollars. and the bike runs like new!! HA HA!!

It would be to cool to have an XJ meeting one of these days!!

20. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Hey Washington members. Clicky here for a meet-up.