1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Oil Spray Nozzle

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by NxlKing2304, Apr 10, 2021.

  1. NxlKing2304

    NxlKing2304 Member

    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    NEW JERSEY
    I'm rebuilding my 83 XJ650J. I put the oil nozzle and lightly tapped it in and the locating pin broke off. Any way to salvage it? I ordered one off of ebay, but I'd rather salvage this one if possible. I was thinking sand off broke pin, drill hole and put a small roll pin in there. That would work right?
     
  2. Franz

    Franz Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,425
    Likes Received:
    1,249
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Scotland UK.
    Yes use a roll pin.
     
    k-moe likes this.
  3. k-moe

    k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    19,697
    Likes Received:
    6,787
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The City of Seven Hills
    The original locating pin is removeable. If you can't grab it then carefully drill it out (using a fixture to hold the nozzle)
     
  4. NxlKing2304

    NxlKing2304 Member

    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    NEW JERSEY
    So I used music wire that I got from Lowes. See picture, I the 2nd smallest one which fit snug into a 1/16" drilled hole. I grounded lightly and that gave me a hole to drill into. I drilled almost all the way through. Then took the music wire about 1 1/2" long and chucked it into drill and "drilled" it into hole. It's not going anywhere. When I put it back in the crankcase, I'll just trim the excess and be done.

    Thanks guys.
     

    Attached Files:

    Franz likes this.

Share This Page