1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Project> "Looky What I Found"

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Cheesy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Oldgoat

Oldgoat Member

Looks like a Canadian speedo you have, with the kph being the more prominent numbers.

Edited here :D

"don't mind me, I'm an idiot"

I see you are a Canadian.

I'm having a senior moment :D :D

2. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Looks good Cheesy! I know just how you feel with all the mods your making. It's almost as much fun fabricating as it is riding. There are so many ideas that just "happen" as things progress when your cutting and fitting. You'd be surprised what old bike parts fit with just few small changes. Yours is one of a kind for sure and looks sporty. Good job!!

3. Hired_Goon

Hired_Goon Member

Do me a favour Cheesy, put some nuts on those rear shocks before your next pics.

It scares me seeing them loose like that as you get closer to ridable. :wink:

Looking good though.

4. greengoon

greengoon Member

WOW.............
    That's one bad ma jama!
    Love the detailing to the caarbs.
    Candy apple red... Always one of my favoriets!

Thinking of painting my XJ650 candy apple green.
    You bike Looks KILLER!
    George

5. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

again, nice work buddy. What is sicoflex? an adhesive sealant? do you apply it with a caulk gun?

6. Ease

Ease Member

Just noticed 2 24's of Canadian in the BG...

:D :D

7. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

Hey guy's.....Took a couple days off to do X-Mas stuff..... Back at 'er now though.

Thanks again for the added comments ! 8)

That's exactly what it is. We use it for all sorts of stuff when erecting a wind turbine. The stuffs amazingly strong.

Anyway....Received my pods the other day, and installed them. Finally got around to working on the tank again as well. Should have it completed, and mounted a little later tonight. I'm anxious to see how it will all tie together.

Hiredgoon..... Leaving the nut's off for the time being, as I may need to mount some exhaust brackets there. That will get done after X-Mas though, as santa's bringing me a MIG welder :wink:

Anyway....Thanks again for the good words guy's, and here are a couple of updated pictures....I'm off to finish that tank....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ace_Frehley

Ace_Frehley Member

Lookin Good Cheesy, What are the side covers made out of ( sorry if I missed that along the way ;) )

9. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

they are made of the microwave he cut up...brushed stainless

10. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

nice...any finished pics of the tank yet?

11. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

Hey Ace..... Yes, as dw said. I made them out of an old microwave :)

Hey PghXJ..... Here are a few pics. with the tank completed, and installed.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thinking about painting on some sort of accent on the side panels. I think somethings needed to break up the black. Right now I'm thinking about a number "7" with a thin ring around it. Painted in the Candy Red again.

12. IkeO

IkeO Member

yes yes and yes! that would look so tight man. so after all this man. you have in fact run the engine right? hahaha.

13. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

LOL....No...I haven't ran it, but the guy who gave it to me assured me it runs, and rather well 8)

14. IkeO

IkeO Member

lol... you know what im about to say next dont you. so im not going to even say it. =)

15. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

:lol: I think so..... But, the bike was free, so there is no reason for dishonesty. The guy is of good character, and anxious to see it finished as well. He's prob. following along right now, as I forwarded a link to him :wink:

16. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

nice look. I say you definitely need to add something to the side covers though. Even if there is a problem with it running, I am sure it can be figured out on here rather easily. Hopefully it will be nothing major and will just need a good carb cleaning and tune.

17. biggmeany2000

biggmeany2000 Member

It might look good with just the black part of the wheels painted red. Just a thought

18. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

no, you should leave the rims alone...but as far as the #7 idea...maybe you should have a sign shop do it in vinyl so you can dump it if you want...I think a Black 7 with a fine red outline in a white circle with red outline would be sick though...

19. Gbambeck1

Gbambeck1 Member

The wheels would look good with a gold accent... Candy apple red and gold are a fantastic combo.

20. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

Hey Guy's....Thanks again for the added comments, and suggestions! 8)

Not to sure I want to do to much with the wheels, other than a good cleaning, and polishing though. Might paint up some red caps though. I'd hate to paint them, as the up-keep in order to keep them looking good suck. Only other option would be powder coating them, but not looking to spend the extra cash on that. Some great idea's, but just not feasable for myself. I also agree that gold would go well, but just doesn't tie into the whole paint scheme. Keep the suggestions coming though! 8)

I do like where your going with the multi-colour, with this one. I think I'd stay away from the white though, and perhaps use a silver instead..... I think it would help tie everything together quite well :!:

Perhaps I'll break out the kids crayons tonight, and try a couple samples on paper.

I also have some thin silver pin striping I purchased a few years ago for a car. Maybe outline the red stripe :?: