1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Quick Timing Question

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by crewwolfy, May 4, 2009.

  1. crewwolfy

    crewwolfy Member

    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Hey all. Quick question for you. Following the Haynes manual, I'm trying to line up the dot on each cam shaft. I'm not sure how strict this has to be, but when timing plate is rotated exactly to 'T,' the cam shafts are in the below positions:

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Is this within spec?

    Thanks, guys.
     
  2. Robert

    Robert Active Member

    Messages:
    7,479
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Ventura CA
    ^^^Yup, yer good.^^^ Has the head on this bike been shaved? I ask because you mention T being dead nuts on the timing mark and the duplicated offset of the cam marks leads me to believe your not running a full deck height.
     
  3. crewwolfy

    crewwolfy Member

    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    To my knowledge, the engine's stock. The dots are consistent after a few rotations of the crank. Just tough lining the cams up perfectly.
     

Share This Page