1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

quite possibly the raddest looking xj I've found...

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by c_muck, Mar 28, 2011.

1. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

interesting pipes. Better hope he doesnt get them to throw flames!

This is my favorite part about bikes, the wld, weird, and different are the ones that get noticed.

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ya think? He probably lives three blocks from the bar and pushes it around the corner.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "fresh roasted nuts."

Absurd. I like to ride my motorcycles, it's why I own them. That thing can't be ridden for more than 10 minutes at a go, not over bumps, or in the rain and then sitting stopped... we won't even go there.

But it's "rad" alright.

3. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Being a 1st bike purist, I do like the overall rat-like look. However, I'd probably not ride it with the pipes that close to my legs.

4. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

i would like to see it with a rider on it, for a better idea of where legs/nuts/pipes go.

if you break it down though, there is a lot of nice work on that thing.

EXTREME PODS FOR THE WIN!

5. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

As a whole I like the bike, although I agree about the exhausts termination point being a possible issue. I also love the sidestand being on the right.

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

from my experience by myself or on thechopperunderground, people on chops will ride in far worse conditions than those that own road sofas and stock bikes.

and yes, Fitz, it will go over bumps.
    it baffles me as well, that you guys would think he doesnt ride it but 3 blocks to the bar. ITS A FUGGIN RAT BIKE! look at the mud on it! its no trailer queen, its got a rusty drive shaft, it's been driven in water...

7. OldBikerDude

OldBikerDude Member

Sorry, I don't think it is cool at all. I am a 60's child so I guess I have a whole different outlook on cool but that thing looks like you know what to me.
    Sorry but this is my opinion. Put it this way, I would never buy it. I kind of feel sorry for the bike.
    Again, this is just my own personal opinion.

Od Biker Dude

8. jason702v

jason702v Member

i love it. probably not as comfortable as most but so what. ya wanna play ya gotta pay.

9. gregu

gregu Member

I like that members can see oil seals leaking, roasted nuts, high water marks, stop light/bar light hopping, innovation, AND - XJ purist sentiment.

Such a great group.

10. Bobe7316

Bobe7316 Member

It still looks unsafe.

11. aharon

aharon Member

Gregu, I think you wrote intending to be ironic, and I always welcome irony as it is a product only of the brightest minds (no irony here, I promise!). However... I beg to difer that it is a "XJ Purist Sentiment" that permeates the opinions so far! We all make mods, but never at the risk of damaging our eardrums or the family jewels! :lol:
    Everyone is free to do as they see fit, that is a given. Just as much as all of us are entitled to have our own opinions, to spill they out and be heard. This is what makes us "such a great group".
    "Some cold coke with those rosted beans?" :twisted:
    Rev it up!
    Aharon

12. venlis

venlis Member

the bike looks great. it propably works just about how the builder wanted.

no comments on the comments.

13. captrobb

captrobb Member

I like it. Outside the box thinking and lots of late nights in the gargae making it all work together. That is "his" bike now!

I do often wonder though (as a chopper rider) why people feel that choppers don't get ridden? I'm not talking the billet barges that a credit card and logo'd leather coat only riding to the latte bar at the stealership, but garage built bikes like this one. I ride with a group of ecclectic riders, to put it mildly, that I would challenge anyone on a comfy road sofa or geezer glide to put on near as many miles! We do a 3 day ride every year as a fundraiser/party that covers more than a 1000 miles in those 3 days and the rules stipulate that only catastrophic break downs can be put on the trailer...everything else get's fixed on the roadside with what you brought with you, and that the bike must be heavily modified and self-built.

That guys has a lot of thought into that bike's design and fabrication and I bet he rides the crap out of it!!!

14. schooter

schooter Active Member

please, there's little risk of that happening, ever run a harley with an open primary?

15. virus

virus Member

Now that is one awesome looking cafe/chop, Id hapilly ride that for miles, my only criticism is the ugly thing behind the headlight, apart from that I think its awesome, a very nicley done bike and an obviously well ridden one.

Cheers
    John

16. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

Now that's not very nice, you can't even see the guys face in any of the pictures! 8O :roll: :roll:
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

17. Joel07

Joel07 Member

^^^ LOL... :D

I have no doubts that a lot of homebuilt chopper guys ride the crap out their bikes, I'm just saying that particular exhaust setup doesn't look like it would be able to be ridden for long. I'm a member over at thechopperunderground.com too, so I know how the homebuilt chopper guys are. I'm just saying, for my personal taste, I'd run the pipes different, because it looks like a leg burner for more than a 5-10 minute ride.

BTW, I love the way the pipes look.

18. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

maybe it's cold where he lives and that's his heating system! chaps can only do so much.

19. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

Speak for yourself.

20. Ravenz07

Ravenz07 Member

This bike is hideous. It just looks like every other chopped bike.

Hell of a way to ruin a bike though

Seriously, I picture a guy like this having the same mentality as a Harley rider. Thinks he is the baddest and coolest thing ever because it is stupidly loud.

I also doubt he rides this much. If he does, he is an idiot for not doing proper maintenance. Shows how much he cares about his "creation"