1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

quite possibly the raddest looking xj I've found...

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by c_muck, Mar 28, 2011.

1. AlbuquerqueChoppers

AlbuquerqueChoppers Member

That's the beauty with a person who fabricates their own stuff, it does not have to be practical. To me, he did it the way he wanted, without following footsteps. The pipes still function, the bars still turn the bike and obviously it runs and drives. Now if he was building a bike for mass production then he has failed...but I think he did the work to have the exact opposite, a Unique Custom piece of art.

2. seaguy

seaguy Member

I like it except the bars. It's even safe for the environment :lol: has a carbon canister somewhere. seat is clever too. needs a corkscrew line painted on the exposed drv shaft :p BTW I think it's funny how the opinions on this bike range from worship to chastisement and seem to generally run parallel with the age of the writers.

3. Cooter

Cooter Member

Or to the actual amount of riding experience, to be more precise. Most of us have seen a few crashes, and quite a few unsafe bikes, and riders.

Usually, to get one from column A, you need at least one from column B or C.

4. schooter

schooter Active Member

Har Har Har

5. Cooter

Cooter Member

Quite the experienced reply.

6. 16ozbud

16ozbud Member

"Most of us have seen a few crashes, and quite a few unsafe bikes, and riders."

So, you're telling us that you are so experienced at riding motorcycles that by looking a few pics on a web site you can tell how strong the welds on the frame are, whether the front end shimmies when splitting lanes and just how inexperienced this bike owner is as a rider? You, sir, are indeed one very experienced rider and quite possibly the most intelligent person on this or any other forum I have ever read. I bow down to your advanced and superior knowledge. Ever consider running for President of the United States of America? You've got my vote, ol' wise one.

7. schooter

schooter Active Member

Schooter likes this :thumbsup:

8. AlbuquerqueChoppers

AlbuquerqueChoppers Member

Dude...That is wayyyyy to heavy for em'. You speaking in a completely reasonable manner, hehehhe. Some people were just hit with the "lame stick" too much as a child, it really is unfortunate. :lol:

9. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

Wow, since this thread started, I've been able to lower the thermostat in my house by ten degrees! :roll: :roll:
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

10. macros10

macros10 Member

Face it, people like what they like and hate what they hate, no changing it, the key is to live and let live and appreciate the "biker" experience in all its flavors for everyone. I think that's an ugly piece of "sh*t" but I totally respect what went into it and dig the fact that he probably gets a charge out of riding it and showing it off to his friends, etc, and that my forum friends, its what the hell its all about. We all love our bikes and no one can tell us shit, which is the "spirit" of it all. Ride on everyone!

Safely, lol.

Mac

11. Joel07

Joel07 Member

Well said Mac. Love it or hate it, we're all riders.

12. Bobe7316

Bobe7316 Member

Can see the sense in this. It takes all kinds to make a biking community.

13. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Personally, I'm a rider. I'm NOT a "biker." I'm a lifelong vintage motorcycle enthusiast who has lost three close friends (and one good "web" friend) in motorcyle accidents. And that is from whence I speak.

Yes, I'm old. I'm also experienced as in 43 years' road riding EXPERIENCE. Longer than a lot of you have been alive, I've been on two wheels on the street. From 5000-8000 miles a year, every year, some years as high as 20K. And I'm still here. It ain't just dumb luck.

Some things simply aren't safe. It's science; not opinion or politics. SCIENCE, gentlemen, not always the most popular opinion.

Rad is rad, and I like a good modification as much as the other guy. But to me, a "good" mod IMPROVES the function of the machine in some way, not decreases it. Good is good, and stupid is stupid. I don't "hate" anything or anybody-- I just call 'em like I see 'em. Through 43 years' worth of street bike experienced eyes.

Sorry. But this one's dumb.

14. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Well said Fitz. There were a couple of things done to this bike that I thought was done wrong. I also liked a couple of things that was done.

Rad is rad, unsafe or potentially harmful to the bike or others is wrong.
    If you post something on here, you may get opinions you don't like. I think we all have gotten opinions that we didn't like, does that mean we should attack those that have different opinions? We should respect each other and their opinions, learn from them or disregard them without pouring fuel on the fire.
    If you don't like dogsheet on your shoes :evil: , don't step in it! :wink:

15. gztoyz

gztoyz New Member

it is totally unjustified to say something is unsafe unless you have knowlage on how it was built. i couldnt give a rip if someone doesnt like my bike but to say its unsafe by looking at a pic or video without knowing anything about how i build things shows ignorance.

16. gztoyz

gztoyz New Member

i know this was an old thread but this crap is something that goes on and on because people jump to unreasonable conclusions all the time. when i finally get pics up of my cafe racer xj650 im sure not everyone will like it but i guess that is how it goes.

17. macros10

macros10 Member

We all walk our own path, and the truth is, we are each alone, any way you slice it. Ride on gztoyz, be as safe as you can, have fun and enjoy the wind blowing past you until it stops.

Peace,

Mac

18. xj650_dude

xj650_dude Member

yeah buddy! lovin it! but your leg is gonna look like the guys from the indian

19. BillB

BillB Active Member

For all we know this guy may have 14 cycles and THIS ONE is his kick around at swap meets bike. Kinda like a pit bike but bigger.

I seriously doubt if this guy takes major road trips on this.

Id call it a bar hopper bike.

20. Platkeyboy

Platkeyboy Member

Funny how many people are trumpeting the importance of safety above all else on a motorcycle forum. If I thought unsafe=bad, I wouldn't have purchased a motorcycle, I'd be driving a Ford Excursion. It sucks that we all know people have been hurt or killed doing things that weren't safe (motorcycling, for one) but to say that your own survival has NOTHING to do with luck is ridiculous. I've known great riders, who rode great machines, who were taken out by grannies who couldn't see over the steering wheel. My brother-in-law won't be able to run for the rest of his life because of the aforementioned geriatric. He still rides though, with the knowledge that he is LUCKY to be alive. I don't care how many years you've been riding; if you can't admit that part of your journey has been luck (or providence, for those who believe in God), then you are fooling yourselves.

I will respectfully submit that safety inherently does NOT come first for those who choose to ride a motorcycle. By the way, if we all caved to the motorcycling "expertise" of our politicians and legislatures, we'd all be riding 20hp "green" cycles with a top speed of 45mph in a British colony.

To quote Sergeant Hulka from the movie "Stripes," "Lighten up, Francis."