1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Raleigh NC riders???

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by mlew, May 21, 2007.

1. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Anyone in the Raleigh/Durham area interested in a group ride. Just like seeing the old XJ's out there.

2. Scrape

Scrape Member

Hurray...an XJ owner who lives by me finally. There use to be a guy from Smithfield, but he sold his bike before I became a member. I'm up for it for sure mlew...I live in Creedmoor. Great to see you here neighbor! Do you know anybody else who has one locally?

Steve

3. Scrape

Scrape Member

*Gulp*..I just read some of your past posts and---->You have an 1100 8O Talk about a pup following the big daddy dog...heck, I'll probably blow a gasket :lol: I would love to see that hoss bike up close because all I have had a chance to is see pics of them on the net. I can't imagin my bike x 2...awsome!

4. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you,
    I'd love to show off the XJ, Have either of you been to Michaels in Chapel Hill? Every Sunday it's kind of a meeting place for all types of bikes, you can eat and check out the other bikes. I have seen some other XJ's in the area but don't know who they are.

5. Scrape

Scrape Member

No, I haven't been there before but it sounds like a place to explore. It will give me a reason / destination to ride and to get some eats and see some bikes while I take a break. Maybe we should meet there sometime so I can check out your bike. I found the address so I know how to get there.

6. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'll see what my family has planed for this weekend and let you know. Is there and weekend that is better for you? I don't know their address but Michaels is on 15-501 between I40 and US64 about half way.

7. Scrape

Scrape Member

This Sunday is fine or most other later part of Sundays also. I am pretty busy on Fridays and Saturdays for a while with work. I even have some weekdays free because I will be working weekends and Sunday mornings for a while with shutdown work. My schedule will be a bit crazy until I am done with this job I am involved with. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday afternoon and evenings I have off for the next 5 weeks until I'm done. I won't work this Monday as it is a holiday. I make alot of phone calls from home getting the weekend planned for the shutdown on Thursdays but it's just part of the day. Just see when your free and we'll take it from there.

8. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I am up for meeting this Sunday at Michaels, I haven't been there in a while. People usually are there at 10 and leave around 12. It is prety easy to spens two hours looking at bikes, you'll see anything from custom choppers to old Indians and everything inbetween. I'm trying to get a few friends together to make the ride , maybe 4 of 5 . I hope to meet you there.

9. Scrape

Scrape Member

What's this about a :idea: ----->ride<----- 8) ? I can be at Michaels for sure this week...it may be a good showing due to the holiday. I can go there via the roundabout or express route.

10. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I've talked a few friends into coming, we'll be there around 10. I'll clean and shine the XJ to show it off.

11. Scrape

Scrape Member

See you there...can't wait to see it! I'll get mine all spiffy also.

12. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Everything is still go, we'll be there around 10. I have 3 friends riding with me. The XJ and XS are black, you also see a brown CB900 Honda and a black V-Star with us.
    See ye there
    Mark Lew

13. Scrape

Scrape Member

It's a green light for me also and I'll let the clutch out in plenty of time to get there by 10:00. Look for the shiny black cherry XJ. :D Good to here that some friends are hooking up with you in company.

Steve Geiss

14. Scrape

Scrape Member

Hey Mark...When I got home and started thinking about that meeting spot for bikes, came to realize that it's something special. It's cool that people get together and hang there. I can see how a thing like that can catch on and turn into something bigger than it already is. It's perfect in timing for an early Sunday cruise for breakfast, chat and looking at peoples bikes. I want to make that a semi-regular place for me to burn some leisure time, when I have it. Kind of an extension to this site except for listening to people who want to tell Harley stories. :lol: Enjoyed seeing your wife's XJ/Hoss bike/Top gun/needs to be my bike/let me know if you ever sell it/....bike. That Bultaco that you have sounds like something else I would enjoy seeing................and owning 8) Heck, just sell me all your bikes and get it over with. haha Let's hook up again some time when you fire up that XS!

Steve

15. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,,, Sorry for the late post. Our Sunday ride was the only relaxation I had this weekend.It was great to meet you. For all the other readers out there, his XJ is BEAUTIFULL. It looks like it came off the showroom floor. We'll have to meet there again and I'll bring some pictures of the other toys in my garage . Maybe is a few weeks after your work settles down we can ride there again, maybe this time we can eat breakfast, I did not know they were closed that day. I was looking forward to thier breakfast platter.
    Mark Lew

16. Scrape

Scrape Member

Mark, bring the pics of your bikes for sure...I would enjoy seeing them. Get some shots of your chopper too..or...erm...some of the parts anyway. :lol: I might just start taking some pics of the old bikes there to post on this site. I need to get one of the Motoguzzi (wish the guy would shine it up a bit) and that insane Triumph ect....

Steve Geiss

17. killer27574

killer27574 New Member

Hi! I live in roxboro about 1 hr from raleigh just let me know next time you guys ride somewhere! I'll try to be there

18. killer27574

killer27574 New Member

Hi! I live in roxboro about 1 hr from raleigh just let me know next time you guys ride somewhere! I'll try to be there

19. Scrape

Scrape Member

I will look forward to that ride sometime killer. Great to see another local with an XJ.

20. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

It would be great, I'll have some free time in a few weeks and I'll make another post here. It is fun meeting other XJ riders. Always open to suggestions on where to ride.