1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Shaft extensions for mirrors

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by protomillenium, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. protomillenium

    protomillenium Member

    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    New Buffalo, Michigan
    Hi Folks,
    I put some superbike handlebars on my '83 750 Seca. I really like the new posture it gives me, very natural and comfortable, but the mirrors are now low and inside. I see too much of my arms, and not enough of traffic behind. Can somebody give me a source for shaft extensions, to put the mirrors back up and out?
    Thanks.
     
  2. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    How about wider, taller mirrors? I had the same issue when I fitted "euro" bars to my Seca 550's. Then RickCoMatic posted the pics of his XJ900 and I saw his "functional not bling" mirrors (his words not mine) so I tracked some down. They're EMGO Yamaha "Deluxe GP-long" and they solved my problem 100% I can see right past my shoulders with no problems. You can see the difference compared to the stockers [​IMG]sorry they're cut off a bit, the pic was intended to compare the turn signals and horns...
     
  3. TIMEtoRIDE

    TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

    Messages:
    4,686
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Clermont FL near Orlando
    I made my own mirror extensions after trying to find some. I simply cut them in half, and welded in the smooth shank from ( i think) 5/16 th bolts.
    To align, the 3 pieces were clamped in a scrap of angle iron.
    I added about 2 1/2 inch- - very functional.
    I would re-do these in stainless if I could find a left handed metric die.
     

Share This Page