1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

South East Michigan Carb Clinic....2009

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by caniculaveritas, Mar 5, 2009.

1. satyr

satyr Member

Barring some sort of major problem I'll be there too- will need contact info and address to plug into gps tho.

Experience level is "novice" on the bike. I work on my own cars but haven't done much on the bike except switch out headlight, change plugs, change oil and filter and swap the fuelcock out.

The carbs are a mess- she won't run without choke- and the idle is crazy. Blip the throttle and she'll wind up to 4500 rpm and stay there a LOOONG time. The starter is also sticking- If I have time, I'll try and work on that before hand.

I don't have any specialty tools but I'll try and bring the tools I'll need and maybe some sorta food or "pop" or something if it would help out.

2. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Weather permitting and wife not coming up with something else for me to do I'll be there.

I will bring:
    - Aux fuel tank
    - YICS tool
    - Colortune plugs
    - Sync gauge

3. Peli

Peli New Member

As long as its still on, weather permits, and I get a few early spring rides in before hand ill show up. I've actually been dying to get some expert advice on tuning/tweaking and ill be kicking myself all year if I miss it!

4. weoxstan

weoxstan Member

I was all set to come down and help/tune until I found it is on the 4th. I have plans for that day that I can't get out of. Maybe somebody will have another tune day.

5. Tman_74

Tman_74 Member

Count me in!!
    I'm Bringing my '82 Maxim w/clean carbs..
    (food, drinks???)
    Need to tune carbs--sync--air-fuel mix
    Good auto mechanic--good honda 4 wheeler machanic--OK street bike mechanic
    What time?? The DW and i are camping near by, i am flat towing my truck w/ the bike in the back.
    Please PM me with further details..

please post what your bringing, what you need to do, and your experience.

6. Tman_74

Tman_74 Member

Hello???? Anyone there??? Is the clinic going to happen???

7. Peli

Peli New Member

I'm still planning on coming! I'm sure OP will let us know if things don't work out.

8. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

I checked with the weather man a few minutes ago and it's looking like the weather will cooperate.

I got a PM with the address, and I know the date but nothing about the time. Is breakfast at 5:30 or 6:00 :lol: .

9. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

I'd like to come too! I went to Carl's carb clinic last year and it was a great time, everyone got a lot done.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken care of some of the issues that were identified last time :( But if I can get things running well enough to get down there, I'll join you guys.

I'll also be waiting on parts from chacal, so if they don't arrive in time, there's no point in me trying to tune with valves out of spec and possible air leaks in my throttle.

But, if all goes well, I'll come.

10. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

* BUMP *

Has anyone heard anything recently from the guy who's supposed to host this thing? I haven't gotten any PMs or otherwise, and there doesn't seem to be an answer to Carl's question, so is this thing gonna go down?

11. Tman_74

Tman_74 Member

I have not heard a word either!!! Kinda bummed, I have a reservation at a local camp ground and a bike that needs a tune!!!!

12. LAN_MAN

LAN_MAN New Member

Look like we are going to get a little snow Friday night

Anyone know what is going on?

13. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

STILL ON!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately, personal life got pretty hectic. My bike however will not be ready to tune =( I've got the engine out right now on the bench, ordering shims soon thursday/friday from chacal (unless someone has some extras and lets me know the numbers =) ). I think you guys will be impressed by my "bench engine testing rig". Even though mine won't be quite ready I'm more than willing to help with other bikes.

I'm willing and would like to get a semi early start.....say 8-9am. The only constraint is that I had a last minute event come up for the evening that I have promised myself too. Therefore I would like to be done with everything by 4pm. And if anyone has a hefty box fan bring it with, we can never have too much air flow!

14. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

Weather looks like sat is the good day of the weekend, 53 and mostly sunny =) PM me for contact info. or email me at aaron*dot*bebee*at*gmail*dot*com.

15. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

ALSO! There is a coney island within literally 500 feet of my front door so if you want breakfast/lunch/dinner before heading out just hop on over there...good food with good prices.

16. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Probably ought to shoot MiCarl a PM with directions; my ex just screwed up my Saturday (it's my weekend w/my 8-year old) but we still might run over.

17. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Already have them. Thanks for thinking of me.

18. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    where are we holding this?

ive got to work until 2pm but if its nearby and people think they might still be there i could swing by and kibitz...

my bikes are A) not running (550) B) crashed (750) C) needing fork parts (900) so i could hover like an annoying fly :D

19. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

I haven't gotten the directions....anyone help a guy out?

Early is good...assuming my bike actually runs by then. Letting it sit all winter = stupid.

20. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

pm or email me for the address! aaron.bebeeATgmailDOTcom! It's in Ypsilanti/East Ann Arbor