1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Trick turn signal & taillight wiring question

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by k.joel.porter, Apr 4, 2010.

1. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

No, no.

The "Flasher Module" that comes with the Signal Dynamics Unit flashes the Lights like a Strobe.

Rapidly. Like: *-*-*-*-*****************
    Not like: *-----*----*----*

Here's a look at mine.
    BASIC Modulator.
    [​IMG]

2. munkiep

munkiep Member

3. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

Thanks munkeip that's what I had in mind.

4. k.joel.porter

k.joel.porter Member

ok, folks, I just ordered my bullet lights: red dual filament for the rear and amber single for the front. I also picked up a $15 trailer harness from Pep Boys (5-wire independent system converts to 4-wire common system). I should have the lights next week. I'll post pics & vid when they're all wired up.

5. munkiep

munkiep Member

i hate to bring this up again, but im quite literally still in the dark. ive gone thru many different wiring configurations and several fuses trying to get this to work with my trailer light converter. ive even tried different brands of converters. i also found that the running light seems to ground thru the brake light wire, and when brakes are applied it seems it is then grounded thru the frame... one of my bullet lights was dangling off the mount tonite and the running light was still on, but then all light (on that bulb) shut off when i applied brake