1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

"TurboMax" the build.

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by vesparider, May 1, 2013.

1. vesparider

vesparider Member

I have decided to use the seca turbo wiring harness. It's complete and almost perfect. I'll probably disassemble the gauge cluster and dissect what I need out of it once bike is running.

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

The turbo bikes also had a "tip over" switch that killed the electrics to the pump and coils and (????) if the bike fell on its side.........

3. farmer

farmer Member

just a pic of the blocked off stock pop off valve, and the plate i made to reloate the outlet to the center.

i have one more plate if interested, you would need to make the standoff though.

if this project works out i would almost want to replace the reed valve plate with one from a snowmobile, way more area for the carbs to pull from when not in boost, could help spool up even more....

Attached Files:

4. vesparider

vesparider Member

Bike is assembled. Fuel system is plumbed. Starting the wiring today.

Spent all day yesterday going over the wiring diagram to see if I can eliminate any of the extras. The Information center, Fall over switch, E stop etc. There was a reason the seca turbo had a fairing. To hide all the wiring. I don't have a maxim harness to start with so I'm just gonna reduce and reuse what I need from the seca harness.

This isn't my strong point. I hate motorcycle wiring. LOL

5. vesparider

vesparider Member

Just back to the Project from a few months off. Started back in on the wiring. Eliminated the information center and did away with some copper wiring weight. Hopefully some progress in the next day or two.

6. randomchad

randomchad New Member

You have a nice looking ride so far! Im interested in knowing which sportster seat you have. Im not too keen on Harleys and i dont know if one seat fits them all but i imagine they dont.

7. vesparider

vesparider Member

Not exactly sure what the seat or model Harley it fits. I bought it at a swap meet for $30.

Started the bike for the first time tonight. Was able to ride it a short distance but it was dark and i haven't put the new headlight in it yet. I'll post some video tomorrow with lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahi8iCDAnQU

[​IMG]

8. vesparider

vesparider Member

Been busy and been riding. Thought I'd update the topic.

[​IMG]

Bike runs great. Have put about 3000 miles on it since January. Maxim was also a hit at the indoor show in february winning its class.