1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What did you do to your Yamaha today?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cutlass84, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ElkHavenSeca

ElkHavenSeca Active Member

Awesome foolber got to like extra fasteners

2. Foolber

Foolber Member

put my intake manifolds on (used Yamabond 4 instead of the paper gaskets), and re-taped the wiring for my fuel tank sensor, and letting the rear gear oil drain. shes getting closer!!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. ElkHavenSeca

Sweet , all i did is ride my seca straight into a big hail cloud !!

4. Foolber

Foolber Member

finished up my tank, new petcock and re-wrapped the wires and put new connectors on them also. just put fuel in and no leaks so far (fingers crossed) only wondering about the gasket for the fuel gauge thing simce i broke the original seal ya know :(

Attached Files:

5. ElkHavenSeca

6. meich75

meich75 New Member

I rolled them off the trailer and into the garage. Let the rebuilding begin!

7. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

Wednesday I took rear wheel/new tire to local shop for mount/balance. Came home and put it back on. Also bought a bottle of 10W fork oil to add to the bottle I had and drained/refilled my forks. Bled front brake.

Gary

8. Bighappy

Bighappy Member

Installed new brake and clutch levers, oil and filter change. Working on the not starting issue.....

9. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Hey bighappy, just posted in your other thread, have you primed the float bowls? If it was tipped over & the fuel went into the oil the float bowls could now be empty causing your no-start

10. ElkHavenSeca

drove 600 miles to pick up a parts bike , got home and rode my seca around the hood for a few ...now i will rest

11. jmilliken

jmilliken Well-Known Member

over the weekend I.... buffed a bunch of part,s, installed dyna coils, rebuilt the forks, ss brake lines, oil change, carb tweaking, and a few other odds + ends.....

12. johnnyx

johnnyx Member

Took off my rusted brake springs-that was fun-buffed up my new paint-and went for a short ride.

13. ElkHavenSeca

Rode my seca down a winding 2 lane hiway for about 100 miles in the sun !

14. jeffhestand

jeffhestand Member

sounds nice. Got 8 inches of snow here Yesterday!!!!!. Uck !!!

15. Madmusk

Madmusk Member

Still in the midst of stripping out the PO's crap tank liner. :x I'm over a week in with a gallon of acetone and some nuts and bolts in there and I think it's pretty much all gone now. Next up is acid rust removal treatment and hopefully a spotless tank interior. Then it's on to stripping the tank of paint, fixing the one small dent (hopefully), and painting the sucker.

Luckily us easterners have had enough cold weather lately that I haven't been dying to ride.

16. BruceB

BruceB Active Member

ordered the valve shims from hogfiddles, installed new clutch cable, found out Duplicolor clear coat is not gas proof, sanded down tank, reapplied color coat and have a couple of cans of polyurethane high gloss spray to apply. Worked on the tank and side emblems (paint) and front fork emblem. Tripped over dog, smacked left knee hard on deck. Dog is fine...I was carrying two 5 gallon cans of gasoline...they are fine... my knee hurts like hell, lost skin in two places through blue jeans, Crown is going to make it feel better in a little while, other than that...still here...lol

17. ElkHavenSeca

But i bet the weather is good bruce !

18. BruceB

BruceB Active Member

oh heck ya...but somebody let in the cold tonight and it is suppose to go down to 32 degrees.....guess I won't be wearing shorts in the a.m. and the Crown is good and flowing...warming the old bones on a chilly night..haha

19. LVSteve2011

LVSteve2011 Member

Ah spring is here! and the temps are just perfect for resuming work on my 750 Maxim. (Sort of) I bought a sweet set of carbs from somebody in Colorado, so I have taken on the huge task of totally disassembling of the original carbs that came with the bike. They are a real mess, 2 of them had water in the bowls, but that's the good news because the water displaced the gas which really gummed up the other two carbs. Well, here's what I am facing; 3 buggered idle mixture screws, I'll be going to a machine shop to get them sorted out, replacing all of the float valves, and a good soaking of all the metal bits in a very strong carb cleaner. When this set is back together, it will be my backup set.

20. Bighappy

Bighappy Member

All I was able to get done today was to replace the vacuum line from the petcock. For some reason, somebody at some point thought fuel line would work as good! Today I hope to figure out the pinched throttle cable problem so the bike doesn't rev up when I turn the bars to the right!