1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What did you do to your Yamaha today?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cutlass84, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Foolber

Foolber Member

actually wasn't hard since i pulled out the other one as one whole piece. just took him apart and re-assembled according to how the intact one looked :) just tested here with a bit of wheelies in the back yard, stiffer than an I-beam in winter!!! (but still plush, just how i like it) Now to wait till this weekend to see how she does on the jumps! also she has VP 111 octane in her for this trip and shes lovin it.

2. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Battery.
    Pre-flight.

Pulled battery.
    Topped-up with Distilled Water to just peeking at the Top of the Line.

Charged Battery 2 Hours at 4 amps.
    Might need a New Battery.

Then, ... I washed the Monte Carlo.

3. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Borrowed some proper Race Pro carb sync sticks (the old mercury type) from my manager at work. Did a sync as she sat, just for giggles, then busted out the YICS blocker. Ran better synced with yics blocker in.

Of course, when you take the YICS block out and button everything up, it runs a touch worse :( grrrrr...

Better than it was tho, I may have to investigate further tomorrow.

4. johnnyx

johnnyx Member

Did an oil change-installed a new gas cap seal-installed a guardian bell-and rode like a wildman.

5. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Trying to put the carb rack back into my son-in-laws 700. Now I remember why I hate airboxes.

6. Foolber

Foolber Member

Gave it a hug, talked to it a bit...

7. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Rolled it out, saw lightning in the distance, rolled it back in. Spring is finally here.

8. maxim82

maxim82 Member

Installed 8 brand~spanking new shims!(Len you rock!) I have more tweaking to do but it's all good.
    Listening to KSCS (Dallas) while I review my awesomeness!
    Yep, I'm awesome.

9. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Well, ...

I took-out the Battery after turning the Ignition ON and having the lights barely glow enough to say they were on.

It lasted two seasons of pulling-into the garage, hitting the Kill Switch and forgetting to turn the key off.

More than once.

10. Cuchulaain

Cuchulaain New Member

finally on the road....

11. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Fri-: Stripped & rebuilt forks/anti dives & installed correct amount of oil to not blow the seals like John Haynes wants me to do (and like the P/O did do!).

Sat-: Waiting for the weather to clear up & roads to dry before the covers come off and we take a ride... :) (yes this one's a dry days only machine! Never thought I'd own one 8) )

12. johnnyx

johnnyx Member

Shined her up and rode for two hours-what a rush-twenty degrees here today-awesome.

13. jpacman

jpacman Member

Got up early and changed the oil, removed the foot pegs to move them back (lubed pivots), put on the seat pad I made last night, checked fork and tire pressures, and hit the road.

Did 285 miles in the (almost) Green Mountains. There's still snow up here in the hills. Bike felt solid and ran great! Can you say "Super Premium"? Always, please.

Awaiting delivery of new valve cover gasket so I can do a valve clearance check.

14. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Airbox boots are too old and hard (soaking in hot water didn't help), they split and tore while trying to put the carb rack in. So now its pvc airbox time because it's cheaper than buying original air boots.

15. Foolber

Foolber Member

moved it around the garage after i got back from a buddys trails down in kansas. heres a couple of pics, we managed to get a truck down in them after uprooting some trees lol. love the hills down there, 2 gear im about 17ft in the air 8)

Attached Files:

16. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Reset my pilots to 3 turns out and resync'd. I can get the sync really good using yics block, removing the tool and plugging the yics, sync is off.

I'm not sold on having to block the yics to sync. What's the point when they aren't blocked while running normally, and it throws the sync off after the block is gone.

Either way, went for a nice 200 km ride, she ran strong, idle can fluctuate a bit tho. When I say that, I mean it idles high or low depending on wether I'm sitting downhill or uphill at a stop. *shrug*

17. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

I woke up the 700 airhead this afternoon. She crawled out of the den, a little bleary-eyed, but after I poked her with a 10min prod with an 8amp poker, she roared to life and we spent the rest of the afternoon tooling around.

Dave F

18. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Sunday-: Quick & dirty spray up of the cooling fins and sanded back the edges to metal again, removed fairing to fix loose instrument panel & repair trip/clock set button, checked forks holding air/oil.
    Rode 100 miles, started raining 25miles out & stopped 10miles from home, wind was fierce & temp dropped to 4c :( Spent the rest of the day recovering feeling in my fingers, right shoulder & hips... Was nice to get for a decent ride though, bike never missed a beat & was the nicest thing on Cat & Fiddle while I was shivering with a smoke in the corner! :D

Mon-: Still a little achey from the windchill, going to give her a good wash shortly.

19. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

Oil change over the weekend, now waiting for the 4 ft deep mud to go away in our 100 ft driveway so I can get on the road.

20. motors-guitars

motors-guitars Member

been a week but i changed the oil and got both new tires!