1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What did you do to your Yamaha today?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cutlass84, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dmccoach

dmccoach Member

2. big_rob420

big_rob420 Member

i kicked it in the ass and told it to work... didn't listen as usual

3. ingie1062005

ingie1062005 New Member

Actually I did this a few days ago , I've just been too upset to talk about it.
    My Clutch basket exploded the other day. I would attach a pic but I can't seem to get that working right now.

Gotta run!
    Catch up later!

4. peganit2

peganit2 Member

I wet sanded the rear wheel inner drive cover in prep for a better coat of paint. I was gonna let the slightly more rough surface slide on something no one else will EVER get that close to but....

5. PilotSmack

PilotSmack Active Member

Yeah Dave, the fuses were the first thing I thought. I upgraded them all to the blade type over the winter, and they were all fine. Battery was next on my list, but it showed 12.8V, so I figured that wasn't it. No kinks in the fuel lines, but I smelled gas. Pulled a plug, held it to the block, nothing. Pulled the rest, nothing. Figured it was either my TCI or the coils. Tested the coils with a multimeter, both their primary and secondary resistances were waaay out. Pulled them off the bike and saw massive fissures running up both cases.

6. Expat_Brit

Expat_Brit New Member

Posted here and then went to ride my Kawasaki :)

7. tinnian

tinnian New Member

Ran a couple of gallons of exhaust fluid through her, then did the same with my ZRX.

8. Fongdingo

Fongdingo Member

Ran my fully broken apart carbs threw a bath of parts cleaner, then boil then back in cleaner then a good scrub and rinse. Now to put them back together.

9. Studeman

Studeman Member

Over the last 2 months I have rebuilt, stripped and painted my saddlebags. They had been off the bike for about 2-years. I pulled my hair out for the last 2 weeks trying to find the mounting hardware I removed. Came across them yesterday while looking for something completely different (my glass-polishing kit). Got them assembled and mounted to the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ray

10. Rsk_141

Rsk_141 Member

Cleaned up Cam Cover / Painted It!

Not sure how to post pics so placed photo in gallery!

11. wink1018

wink1018 Active Member

In the middle of rebuilding carb set #3. Nothing better than having spare racks of carbs.... Just in case

12. PilotSmack

PilotSmack Active Member

Put the dynas on last week, but it's been too hot to resync/colortune lately. I was up early this morning, went for a 85k ride, came home, synced and tuned, just before the rain clouds rolled in.

Aaand now, breakfast :)

13. peganit2

peganit2 Member

Decided to chince on my factory master cylinder and attempt to repair it. It all depends on the bore.

We'll see. Started the soak in Berrymans.

14. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

Synced the carbs on my Venture also replaced the coils with HONDA coil over plug (COP) coils from a 07 Honda CBR 1000!! Runs fantastic!!

15. jpacman

jpacman Member

Tube handlebars and risers; custom seat foam and new cover (by me); stock mirrors; new front brake master cylinder (to fit new bars), front light bar and low-wattage lights; removed heavy license plate holder and replaced with aluminum square stock; fabricated longer rear turn signal brackets so my soft luggage wouldn't hang on rear signals; painted tank, side covers and grab rail Mazda blue (almost the color of the website header); new clutch and throttle cables; Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 front and rear (sport touring tire that, astonishingly, comes in our sizes); new Barnett clutch.

By removing and replacing parts, I've saved over 15 lbs. and plan on putting more parts on a "diet". She ain't stock no more!

16. PilotSmack

PilotSmack Active Member

I'm loving the BT-45s. Hope you do too!!

Threw the saddlebags and windshield on. Road trippin for the weekend. Leaving early tomorrow. All fluids checked, chain lubed, battery tendered. Wish me luck!

17. RiceBiker

RiceBiker Member

new exhaust gaskets, drilled out my old pilot jets from #40 (.4mm) to now #45 (.45)mm and will add another vinyl washer to main jet needles. Running lean up to 1/2 throttle. Still no battery charge. New brushes on stator. Gonna try flow chart now.

82 650 maxim

18. PilotSmack

PilotSmack Active Member

[​IMG]

Yup, that happened. Was on a 600k trip, at 590 I heard a weird noise, but it was familiar because one of my exhaust flanges was loose last week. So I kept riding anyway, figuring I'd just tighten it up when I got to my destination. I know, I know, big mistake, lesson learned. Luckily, there was a wrecker a few hours away who had the missing parts from an 81, He put them on the bus that night, and I had parts first thing in the morning. Big, big, big standing ovation to New Life Cycles in Williams Lake, for those in western Canada.

19. peganit2

peganit2 Member

Not sure I'm believing what I understand :!: :!:

20. Tcorbitt0608

Tcorbitt0608 Member

got on it and rode it to work, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to turn that thing into my work parking lot.... it just wants to keep going lol