1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What Should You NOT Do to Your Yamaha Today?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by PSteele, Jul 30, 2010.

1. tjb2of3

tjb2of3 Member

You should not be in a rush to go out riding after adjusting valve clearances, put the tank back on, forget to reconnect the fuel lines, ride halfway out of the neighborhood, think you're out of gas, switch to prime, and then notice a puddle forming at your feet.

I'm not proud.

2. andrewlong

andrewlong Member

You should NOT sand or buff in any way the ends of the ceramic resistor rod located in the spark plug boot in a futile attempt to get better contact.

Knowledge +1 *sigh*

3. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Thanks for the removal trick :)

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

You shot not forget to put the bowl drain screws back in the bowls before completely installing the rack and having everything hooked up to the substitute tank for syncing. Especially when the fourth bowl is a replacement bowl that has the drain screw facing the wrong way to begin with.

5. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

This is actually turning into one of the most useful threads on this site......... :D

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

you should not not beat the living snot out of some punk kid that tried to steal your pride and joy bike which has lots of labor and love into it... what a douche

7. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

You should not yell at the fata$$ toothless beeyatch that is leaning on your XJ at the gas pump before you realize the her cousin/boyfriend s 6'5", 340lb and right behind you!

8. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

You should not yell at the fata$$ toothless beeyatch that is leaning on your XJ at the gas pump before you realize the her cousin/boyfriend s 6'5", 340lb and right behind you!

9. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

You should not, after getting a new rear tire mounted, tighten the axle bolt and bend the last cotter pin in your collection into the castle nut BEFORE rotating the brake plate into place and attaching the stay.

You should NOT, after filling the tank at the station, mount your bike and feed your right foot unwittingly through an odd loop in the gas nozzle hose onto the peg and attempt to ride off like that. I can honestly say I've never done that on my XJ.

10. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

Ohhh, love the double-neg! Two wrongs don't make a right... But three lefts do!

11. YVRxj650

YVRxj650 Member

You should not rid yourself of it. Even at the height of your frustrations.

You will regret it, and you may not get it back.

12. mhhpartner

mhhpartner Member

You should NOT have such an unhealthy fear of stripping the aluminum threads of your oil drain plug hole that you don't tighten the plug securely enough and it vibrates loose on the interstate (unbeknownst to you), dumps your oil, and seizes your engine.

You should NOT then overcompensate when tightening the drain plug on your replacement engine and strip the threads, so that you are forever stuck with an unsightly oversized drain plug from O'Reilly's sticking out the bottom of your beautiful XJ that drips oil unless the perfect amount of Teflon tape is applied and the stars are aligned.

You SHOULD buy a good torque wrench when you first get your XJ and do it what we like to call - the right way.

13. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

You should not stop at a light and forget to put your feet down on the road. 34 years of riding and my brother still cant get coordinated.

14. pillowmaster50

pillowmaster50 Member

You should not stand up when your seat isnt latched.

15. ken007

ken007 Member

you shouldnt try and put a hot spark plug back in with a socket and 1/2"ratchet to save burning your fingers,you may strip your thread.didnt do it today,but we wont talk about yesterday,i even invented swear words.

16. waldo

waldo Member

No one should ever let their bike run in neutral to warm up, on the side-stand, in their own driveway, facing down the ever so slightest grade, especially when their buddy and his wife just pulled in on their brand new Harley. Ya one shouldn't really do that it could be real embarrassing.

17. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

Forget to turn the fuel cock on before proceeding out of the driveway!!!

18. bobberaha

bobberaha Member

Never open the visor on your helmet at highway speed to let a bee out of it.

19. frankenbiker

frankenbiker Member

you should not fill the bike with new oil without putting the oil filter back on

20. pillowmaster50

pillowmaster50 Member

Never over tighten your tripple tree clamps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SNAP!*... "O, i hate breaking bolts... ill have to go to the hardware store tomorrow and pick up anoth...er...aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggg!!!!" IM SO SICK OF WAITING FOR PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had to pick up dirty ol' ebay item 380074893516 and mine was so much nicer, too!
    knew i shoulda used the torque wrench!!
    may my old triple rest in pieces. may have even shed a tear.